Chapter:28

Akai's POV

It just wasn't adding up. Why would some random wolf come on my land and kill my pack members? It's not like we had a lot of members or land in general. It seemed more like a killing out of personal matters, other than just a purposeful killing.

We had checked the whole bloody scene from every inch; no smell, no tracks, and no trace. Whoever did this was good and I had this strong feeling that they'd easily do it again. And the thought that they got away with this so effectively, means they can successfully do it again.

The feeling that I should send my Lupita away was starting to crawl into my head and firmly sit. I just wanted her safe at all times and if not being at my pack will do that, then I'll happily take her back to her old one for a few weeks. I already knew rogues or whoever was doing this normally went for the Luna because it's going to weaken the pack, but I was going to make sure not a atom on that girl got hurt.

"What do we do now? We don't have any leads, no ideas of who could've done it, and these people are dang-" Shea spoke with a hint of worry in his words.

"We just wait and watch for now. If we are in desperate need of help, then I'll just ask my father. Even though that'll bruise my ego a bit."

"I don't care about the condition of your ego. It's not like your ego can save our whole pack when those man-slaughtering wolf things come back!" Shea threw his hands up in frustration and I almost wanted to laugh, but it didn't seem like the right place with all these bodies and blood beside us.

"It'll be fine. You know I will look at this from every angle and figure out the best option for us." Shea visibly calmed from my words. He knew I was sincere and I wouldn't let my pack down. "Now lets head back to the house, Shea butter." I laughed as we walked back to the pack house.

"Don't start calling me that again! It's not funny." Shea groaned and angrily walked next to me. "You better be glad I don't have a stupid name for you."

***************

"Can you pass me the potatoes?" Orianna asked quietly as we all sat at the table eating dinner in silence. I passed them to her and continued my dinner.

"So what's the conclusion on the three dead bodies?" Ferrah asked randomly.

"I don't know yet. It's not looking good though." I stated. It annoyed me that I couldn't give my pack the 'You're safe' statement. I didn't know what we were up against sadly.

"Well, with you being our Alpha we're leaning on you to protect us. Right now you don't sound to sure about our safety." Ferrah said back sassily.

I was gripping my fork so tight that it was starting to bend under my hold. I hated when people doubted my ability to keep my people safe, especially one of my very own pack members. That anger from earlier was coming back and I just knew I was going to lose my cool on the small little woman sitting across from me. I wouldn't dare hit her, but I was going to do something to make her shut up for once.

She has been pushing at my limit for a long time now and I was at the last straw with that she-wolf.

"Ferrah, have you ever heard of the saying 'if you don't have anything worth hearing, then just keep it shoved down your small throat'?" I looked at her with a scowl on my face. I already knew my eyes were darkening as the seconds passed by.

"No, I have never heard of that. And I'm just voicing what the whole pack is feeling." She said back nonchalantly.

"Well, you should take that saying to heed now that you know it."