"Not really." I took out an envelope with cash and slid in on his side of the table. "That's the first half of the payment. If ever you get caught, say that Angela Licauco Yuchengco hired you." Oh god, this is so straight out of a traditional drama series.

After a few days, I got a report from the investigator. Apparently, Cathy Chua likes clubbing and partying as much as Axel.

Looking at Cathy Chua's picture, I know that she's Axel's type, well physically.

"Axel. I have a favor." I told Axel over the phone as I rest on my tent. "You like partying and clubbing right? There's this girl..."

"Stop right there." Axel interrupted. "I can't get involved with partying, clubbing, or girls right now."

"Really? Why?" That was something very unusual of him. "Don't tell me you're trying to focus on your studies."

Axel sighed. "Hey, are you really that busy that you know nothing about me? How come you know everything going on with Teo, though? I'm dating Clark, and he practically has me on a leash."

"Wha-what???! You're dating Clark, since when?" That was quite shocking to me. "First Teo and Damien, now you and Clark...?"

"Yeah, maybe it would be you and James next."

His teasing comment stumped me. "What? Why would you say that? That's impossible..."

"Okay, no need to be that defensive." Axel continued his teasing.

"So you can't help me then, because you're being the ideal boyfriend right now?" I asked him one more time.

"Well, I'm trying really hard to be. What do you need help for anyway, and why does it involve clubbing and a girl?" Axel asked. "You, what kind of trouble are you getting into, this time?"

"Forget it, I'll tell you later." I told him.

It's not like I can just wait around for the investigator's report and do nothing. I made the whole mess, so I should fix it.

I had no choice but to find her myself, I'll just have to be careful so that no more issues or rumors about me would come out.

Cathy Chua frequents a posh exclusive club, which was not surprising at all. I found out which night she would be there and used all my connections to get in. It wasn't easy, but in order to fix the mess I made, it was necessary.

I kept a very low profile at the club, I didn't want to draw any attention. I observed Cathy Chua from afar, and I could say this; when it comes to partying, she's the female version of Axel, no, she's a level higher.

She was dancing in the middle of the club, surrounded by guys, with no care about the world. If she wasn't dancing with someone else, she was at the bar ordering drinks.

"How can James marry someone like that? They don't have anything in common." I muttered as I took videos of her.

That video would not be enough to dissolve the pending engagement, I knew that. I needed something more serious, something with more impact that would change the James family's mind.

Things didn't go out as planned, though. At one point, while she was dancing, there was these couple of guys who kept on grinding at her. It didn't take long before Cathy Chua reacted and pushed the two guys away. I guess they were drunk, so they kept insisting on dancing with her.

I always wondered what it would be like to be a total gentleman like James. I couldn't ignore what was happening, but I kept on thinking about what James would do.

"She said no, so get lost." I said in a calm manner as approached the brewing trouble.

"What are you? Don't get in our way, we're only dancing!" One of the guys insisted.