Chapter 28, Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"Bella, I give you this ring once again, as a symbol of our undying love for each other" he smiled, slipping my ring back onto my finger where it belonged. I took Edward's ring from the pillow and recited his word's back to him,  

"Edward, I give you this ring once again, as a symbol of our undying love for each other" I slipped the ring back onto his bare finger.  

"You may now kiss the bride" Jasper smiled  

Edward swept me up into his body and pressed his lip's firmly to mine, making me, once again forget that there were other people present. In this moment, there was only me and Edward. Renesmee reached us first, wrapping her arm's around us, happy tear's now flowing freely down her face.

Everyone filed into the family room next, that had been transformed into a small hall, with the back door's opening out to a heated gazebo. Me and Edward took our seat's with Renesmee at my side. Esme and Carlisle were sat next to her while Emmett and Jasper sat next to Edward. Alice, Rosalie and Jacob were further down the line from them.

 We all talked excitedly while Renesmee, the wolves and their imprint's enjoyed the meal Esme had spent hour's slaving over. Once they had finished and Emily and Kim had collected the pile of empty plate's and returned to their seat's, I heard Jacob yell across the crowd,  

"Speeches!" I smiled wide at Edward and watched as Emmett rose from his seat to address everyone,  

"What can I say about Edward and Bella?" he began, I silently cringed at what Emmett could possibly have thought up for this occasion "Well, Bella you're a lovely woman, an amazing mother, and an even better sister, you deserve a good man. Which is why I am so surprised that you have managed to get her down the aisle twice Edward!" here we go I thought as laughter rippled through our guest's "But, no" Emmett continued "in all seriousness, I am really pleased for you both, now that you're married we wont have to put with any more of your sexual tension"  

"Emmett!" Rosalie hissed, causing Emmett to break out in a huge smile,  

"I love you both, Congratulation's! I'm going to hand you over now to our dear brother who has a message he would like to read out" Emmett laughed, gesturing for Jasper to rise from his seat. Message? What message? I thought to myself. Trying to maintain the smile on my face.

"Bella" Jasper smiled, "As you know, for reason's beyond our control, there was someone who couldn't make it today. I have a letter from them for you" he paused, unfolding the piece of paper he now had in his hand "Dear Bells" he read "I'm sorry circumstance's meant that I couldn't make it today. I really wish I could have seen you on your special day. I know that I haven't always been entirely supportive of your relationship, but even I can see how much of a positive impact Edward has made in your life. I just wanted to wish you both a lifetime of happiness together. I love you Bells. Congratulation's. All my love Dad" Jasper finished. Edward reached over the table and took my hand in his. Gripping it securely as a mean's to provide me with some comfort. Hearing that had only reminded me of the reason Charlie wasn't here today, I couldn't stop myself from looking across the room to see the Volturi sitting together. Before I could see any more I felt Renesmee rise from her seat next to me.  

"I have something I wish to read to my parent's" she smiled, a lone tear once again rolling down her face,  

"We never know Or fully realize How sweet and kind our parent's are, How gentle and how wise We simply take for granted, From day to passing day, Each sacrifice they make for us In their own loving way. But then we grow and finally learn, The way that children do, How much their love has really meant, How thoughtful they've been, too - And so this come's with all the thank's You both deserve and more. For there aren't two dearer parents Than the one this poem's for" she finished, looking at me and Edward and allowing a broad smile to grace her face, "That was beautiful darling" Edward told her "Thank you" before rising from his seat to address our friend's and relative's, "Bella and I would like to thank you all for coming today. It mean's so much to have such dear friends and family present, As jasper has already pointed out, certain people were unable to come today. Namely Bella's parent's, I would like to take a moment to thank them now, for giving me their beautiful daughter, and for being so understanding" he paused, looking down at me and smiling "Bella, you are the light of my life, and there are not enough word's to tell you how much I love and adore you" he continued, now looking up to address our guest's again "I would like to take this opportunity to thank our fabulous family for arranging such a special day for us, and finally, I would like to recognize Renesmee, you sweetheart, have made our live's and this family complete, thank you for simply being the person you are today" he finished sitting down in his seat. Renesmee was once again wiping tears from her face and when I looked across the room I could see Emily, Julia and Kim were also drying their eye's.  

"It's time for the first dance!" Alice squealed from her seat, gesturing for everyone to make their way into the gazebo. Once outside, Edward took me in his arm's and span me slowly around the dance floor while everyone watched. "I love you Mr's Cullen" "I love you too Mr Cullen" I laughed. The song had almost ended when Edward stiffened and stopped dancing instantly. "What's wrong?" I asked, suddenly remembering that the Volturi were here. Edward nodded in the direction of the far corner of the gazebo, before leading me toward's it. I could now see Aro talking openly with Tanya,  

"Tanya, I must thank you once again for your invitation. Today has been the most interesting of day's" Aro said, stroking her face slightly "You are welcome Aro" Tanya nodded, stiffening slightly at his touch. "You?" I spat at her, making the distance across the room in a split of a second. "You invited them?" I shouted, causing everyone in the room to turn and stare.