Chapter 20, time to play

CHAPTER 20: TIME TO PLAY

We all watched silently as Tom and Renesmee continued their conversation. Looking for the first sign that we needed to make our move, the conversation flowed well to begin with,  

"So, why did you want me to meet you Tom?" Ness asked politely  

"I told you" he answered "I really like you, you're the most attractive girl in school" he smiled "Well other than that blonde sister of your's, but her personality is enough to turn anyone off" he laughed to himself. I heard Rose and Emmett both allow themselve's slight growl's.  

"That's my sister you're talking about!" Ness scolded, I heard Rosalie whisper something that sounded like "good girl" before turning my attention back to the scene before me.  

"And beside's," Nessie continued "even if that were true, I've told you, I have a boyfriend"  

"That didn't stop you coming here today though did it?"  

"Yeah, You're right" Ness sighed "I should be ashamed with myself"  

"Well now, I wouldn't go that far" the cretin smiled "There's nothing wrong with a bit of fun on the side now is there?" he finished, reaching out to stroke her face.

And that, that right there, was our key to move. We ran as fast as we could and were all stood behind Tom in a semi-circle within the blink of an eye.  

"Get. Your. Filthy. Hands. Off. My. Sister" I growled, pronouncing each word as if it were it's own sentence, Tom turned around quickly and was stood there, mouth gaped open. He was looking between all of us now, taking in the scene before him. Jasper was stood with his arm around Alice's shoulder, making it look as though we had casually strolled up to where they were stood. Edward was glaring at Tom with a look that could surely kill. Emmett was punching his left hand with his right fist in a rather threatening manner. Rosalie had her hand's on her hip's looking very 'disapprovingly' at Nessie. I on the other hand was stood slightly forward of the other's and was leaning over Tom as I spoke.  

"Where- um, how? -When?" Tom choked, trying to understand where we had suddenly appeared from.  

"Guy's! What are you doing here?" Ness perked up, she was playing her part well.  

"Oh, Come on Ness" smiled Jasper "You didn't really think we'd buy into that whole 'science club' story did you?"  

"But- but-" she stuttered  

"Enough but's Renesmee" chimed in Edward "What do you think you you're playing at? Lying to us, so that you can spend time with this..." he wrinkled his nose for effect "low life"  

"I'm- I'm sorry" she muttered "I just wanted to meet him and let him know once and for all that I am not interested"  

"Oh," smiled Rosalie, stepping forward slightly "Well, in that case, you heard her misfit, start walking" she pointed down the field as she spoke, Tom looked at her amazed, "yes" she continued laughing quietly "I live up to my reputation don't I?" Tom continued to stare at her, knowing there was no way any human could have possibly overheard his comment's before.  

"we're not going to tell you again" Emmett chirped up "Leave, and if I ever catch you talking to my sister again. I will kill you" he laughed  

"Ha! I'd like to see you try" laughed Tom  

"Oh, Really?" Alice squealed as high as she could, that was Jake's cue.

Just then we heard a low growl erupt from the tree's, we all turned our head's slightly, trying to remember to act shocked. I didn't need to remember, I was shocked. It had been a long time since I'd seen Jake in his wolf form. I'd forgotten how big he'd got. He stalked toward's us, keeping his head low to the ground. Even I had to admit it was frightening, and I'd known what was coming.