"You're doin just fine here" Pony looked at me and then looked up at the school entrance to see that we had arrived.

"Alright, I'll see y'all later okay" I said as we made our way up the steps and into the school.

I walked through the halls, weaving my way through all the teenagers until I made it to my first period, where I took a new seat next to Cole.

                                    ~*~

Cole and I walked through the hallway of teenagers, bumping into a few occasionally and made our way to the front doors where everyone was piling out.

We walked down the stairs quickly to the edge of the sidewalk.

"I gotta wait for Pony and Johnny" I said, turning to the front of the school and waiting for them to come out.

"I'll wait with you" Cole replied, helping me keep a look out for them.

A few minutes had passed and I still hadn't seen them.

I turned to Cole "have you se-" I began but couldn't get the whole sentence out before two arms wrapped around my waist, scaring me half to death.

"What the hell is wrong with you" I gasped as the person let me go. I turned around quickly and came in eye contact with Dallas. "Dallas, oh my god you scared me half to death".

He laughed "I figured I'd come to pick up you three. Where's Pony and Johnny?" He asked.

I shrugged "I was waiting for them" I said and turned towards the double doors to see them walking out now.

"I'll see you later Cole okay" I nodded over to him.

"Bye Elliot" he said and turned the other way, walking around to his car.

"There's somethin about that kid that don't feel right" Dallas said, taking a puff of the cigarette in his hand.

"Hey Dal, got any more cancer sticks?" I asked.

He pulled out a pack of them and opened it, offering me one. I took out three of them and handed two to Pony and Johnny when they got up to up.

I pulled out my lighter, lighting them for the three of us and shoving it back into my pocket.

"What are you doin her Dal?" Johnny asked.

"Well I came to pick you three up from this old place" he said referring to the school "speaking of, have you decided if you're gonna drop out or not?"

I shrugged "I don't know Dallas" I sighed, it was the truth too. Part of me wanted to and part of me didn't "let's just not talk about it now".

For almost the rest of the way it was quiet, occasionally someone would make a small remark but it would then get quiet again, til we arrived at the house.

We walked in and we were the only ones there which was typical for when we got home from school.

"Hey I'm thinkin I'm gonna go down to the DX to see Steve and Soda. Anyone wanna come with?" I asked, setting all my book down in my room.

"I'm down, haven't had any action lately. There's always chics hangin around at the DX" Dallas put out his cigarette in an ash tray and peeled off his leather jacket which he always had on.

"Real classy Dallas" I snorted and took off my jean jacket, putting on a blue zip up jacket.

I walked out of my room and over to the cigarette tray and put mine out as Dallas had.

"Try not to get into trouble" I teased Pony and Johnny and walked over to where the two were sitting, ruffling their hair.

"Awe come one" Pony groaned and swatted my hand away.

Johnny laughed "awe Ell you know not to mess up a greasers hair".

"Alright boys, we'll see you later alright" I said and waved to them as Dallas and I made our way out the front door.

"Hey Dallas, how longs it been since you been in Jail" I asked, looking up at him when we walked through the gate of the house.

"I think it was uh ... maybe 60 days. I don't remember really but it's close enough" he answered "why?".

"I was just wonderin" I shrugged.

"Listen Ell, you don't wanna end up like me okay" he pulled out another cigarette "always gettin in jail and living with someone else in a bar not to mention. That's why you gotta stay in school"

"I don't know Dal, I'm still deciding. You don't gotta worry about that I'm gonna take care of it" I looked down at the ground, kicking a rock and trying to keep up with it.

"Just ah, do what you think it right I guess" he said. Dallas wasn't so great at pep talks.

We pulled up around a corner and next to the DX gasoline station.

Dallas stopped me before I walked up.

"What do ya say we give em a good scare?" Dallas smirked.

I looked up at him and smirked "what do you have in mind?