T-W-E-N-T-Y F-O-U-R

I FELL IN LOVE WITH MY BESTFRIEND
BY: Non_Exquisite

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

MING'S POV

    "Here eat" Yo says as he gives me one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen on him. He feeds me and I can't help but feel like the luckiest man in the world. Especially with him still holding my hand under the table.

    The rest of the dinner is just easy conversation. Even Pete looks like his doing okay. I'm glad he agreed to give up on me. I really can't have him liking me in that way right now. I was so shocked that he would confess right in front of everyone like that. I've been confessed to before but never so publicly.

    This kid sure has guts, but his definitely dense too. The emotions playing on his friends face got me thinking that he needs to start looking at someone close to him. That Earn kid definitely likes him, but Pete doesn't see it. Oh well, they are still young and have enough time to figure things out, just like me and Yo.

    But I'm so proud of my Yo for settling things for me like that. It was so awkward for me and I'm pretty sure the people on the next table were listening to the whole conversation. My baby Yo settled it, and in such a cool way too, I couldn't help but fall for him even more. I really want to kiss him right now and hold him in my arms. Damn, the temptation is real.

    But even though he did that, I know that, for him it wasn't out of jealousy or any romantic feelings. He just did that because his my best friend. His got my back and I couldn't be happier right now. Well I could be happier but for now I'm satisfied with this.

    Maybe I just have to accept that we're better this way. I feel guilty now for putting him through this situation and putting my feelings first before thinking about his.

    Even though I know I've royally f*cked things up, and I feel bad for doing that, there is a still a big part of me that doesn't regret it. It's because I know that if I hadn't, I would be suffering even more because of having to hide my feelings and always wondering what if. But now, I know even if he gives me a definite no in being together, I won't regret this. Even if in the end I hurt in the worst possible way. I don't regret this.

    After finishing dinner, I excuse myself to go to the mans room even though I really want to keep holding Yo's hand. As I'm washing my hands, Pete walks in and comes to stand next to me.

    "You really like him don't you?" He says and I could hear the hurt and in his voice. "I noticed the way you looked at him. It was like he is the only thing you could see" he says as he looks down while playing with his fingers.

    "Pete I'm-"

    "No need P'Ming. I understand." He says and suddenly it's too quiet. I don't really know what to say. I've never been in this kind of situation before. I feel like an absolute sh*tty person for hurting him. Pete is too nice of a kid to hurt like this but there is nothing else I can do. I love Yo and I don't plan on settling for someone else, all for the sake of not hurting their feelings. Even if He never loves me back in the way I want him to, my feelings for him are too genuine for me to dismiss.

    "You know I fell in love with you last year when you came to visit your cousin. I thought you were the coolest and so handsome. But I was pretty sure you were straight so I sort of pushed those feelings to the side. Now I wish I hadn't because then you might be mine" he says with a far away look of regret. I never ever thought he had any sort of romantic feelings for me even then.