Malec- baby's coming

Alec and Magnus have been together a little over a year now. They have been through a lot but they love each other and no one can come between that. 

On their, 6-month anniversary things got heated. One thing let to another multiple rounds of sex and no condom. 

2 months after that Alec had started getting sick. Threw up at the smell of anything. Was very very moody. They found out he was pregnant. Everyone was shocked. But not really surprised. The number of times Alec had come into the institute limping with bruises and hickies covering his body was unreal. Alec and Magnus were and still are pretty happy.

A natural homebirth was chosen of course. 

Time skip to now

Alec is 2 days past his due date. He was uncomfortable, his back hurt, his baby bump was the thing you'd notice first only from the front and side though. His small frame stayed the same but his hips did get wider. He didn't gain any weight anywhere but his belly. 

He had woken up around 6 this morning just feeling off. He was uncomfortable. He got his first contraction soon after he woke up but they weren't too strong and he didn't want to wake Magnus so early.

Magnus woke to an empty bed around 10 am and sat up putting on a shirt walking out of the bedroom to find Alec leaning against the kitchen counter taking a few deep breaths. His eyes were closed tightly his expression pained one of his hands rested on his lower back the other on the counter. Magnus walked over quickly

"why didn't you wake me? How far apart are your contractions?" 

Alec took in a sharp breath as the contraction ended he stood in the same position his head hung down looking at the counter 

"It was early and they weren't bad yet. I didn't want to wake you. Like 8 minutes I'm not sure. They just started to get stronger I can't move or speak during them anymore" 

Magnus kissed Alecs' head "you should've woken me baby. I don't care how early it is." He just stood there and rubbed Alecs' back as Jace and Izzy came through the door "okay come on in. I forgot you guys were even coming b-" he was cut off when a groan slipped from Alecs' lips this contraction obviously stronger than any other he has had.

He's taking deep shaky breaths trying to breathe through it. He was in shorts and a tshirt which was stretched tightly over his baby bump. 

"you okay?" Magnus asked concerned as Alec is great with pain and doesn't show it unless it's extreme. 

Alec nodded "yeah it was just stronger than the others" 

"OOOOO BABY TIME" Izzy squealed dancing around 

"shut up please just shut up" Alec groaned as he was in pain there was an extreme amount of pressure where he didn't particularly want pressure and he just wanted it to be quiet 

She immediately quieted down telling Magnus her and Jace would go back to the institute and let the family know what was going on. He thanked her as they left and he took Alecs' hands in his.

"hey you know you don't have to be so strong if it hurts then I want to know that it hurts. It's just me I'm here for you. But I can't help you if you pretend" he said sweetly looking at Alec pain evident in his eyes.