Parting ways..

He feels contented to see her alright, he comes close to her, holds her arms and says, "Thank God Raina you are fine..you have no idea how last night has been for me".. her tone soon changes, reflecting his anger, "Why were you not taking my calls..you have any idea how worried I was..You left the party and stopped taking my calls..what's wrong with you?"

She is speechless..she knew that she would have to confront him but she didn't expect it to be so soon..she asks him to come inside, and they both settle down on the sofa.

Rajeev again asks the same question as he really wants to know what made her leave the party without meeting him.

She tries to cook up something, "Actually...Ma called me.. and.. and she asked me to come immediately.. she was really worried for me as it got very late..You know I've never been so late to home.. so she is not used to it..and.." She is thinking and speaking as she doesn't lie so often so it is not difficult for anyone to sense that she is lying.

Her lie didn't get unnoticed by him, not only her lie, but her puffed eyes, an evident pain in her voice, how she is trying to avoid eye contact with him, nothing goes unnoticed by him.

He asks in a worried tone, "What's wrong Raina.? I know something is wrong..something is really bothering you..please share it with me.."

Raina is feeling helpless now, she thinks, "How difficult it is to hide my emotions from him. He doesn't just go by my words, he reads my eyes. But today, I can't let him read me, no I can't share with him what happened yesterday..I know he will try to convince me only to forget all this and marry him..and if I'll marry him then what happened yesterday will be repeated number of times in future.. and I can't let him to be laughed at because of me.. I can't let him to feel embarrassed because of me. I can't let his reputation to be ruined because of me"

She comes out of her trance with his words, "Raina.. what happened.. are you alright.. ? please tell me what has made you so upset?"

She stands and turns to opposite direction to him as what she is going to say now needs a lot of courage and strength and she can't see into his eyes while saying this,

"Rajeev I never wanted to say this to you..but if you really want to know I'll share with you what I feel.. Rajeev I like you.. I admire you..but I don't love you.. I never loved you..and I think I won't ever be able to love you..because there is someone else in my life..and I can't leave him for you.."

He doesn't believe his ears, it takes some time for him to grasp the meaning of her words. He is numb for few moments, not able to utter a word, ground falls out underneath his feet. He collects all his strength and tries to speak but in broken voice, "Who is he ?"

She still doesn't face him, with her back towards him, she replies, "That's none of your business.."

He is burning up with jealousy, the thought that she doesn't love him was enough to kill him but she loves someone else is killing him every second., "Since when you know him.. ?"

Raina was not prepared with the story..but God knows how she manages to answer his questions in a way that he doesn't doubt genuineness of her story, "Long before I met you.."

Now he is boiling up with anger, his eyes become red, a tear flows down his cheek, he wipes it and fires another question, "Then why didn't you tell me before when I was confessing my love every time I was meeting you.. "

She shivers by his furious tone, she knows he is very upset and angry and hurt, but she continues her act believing that after all she is doing this for his good, "I couldn't tell this to you because..because I didn't want to hurt you.."

Rajeev smiles sarcastically, he holds her arm tightly and turns her to face him, looks straight into her eyes and says..."Oh really.. you didn't want to hurt me and what do you think you are doing now.. You have any idea how it hurts when the person whom you love confesses her love for someone else in front of you..You have any idea how it feels when you believe that someone is yours and then in a sudden moment you realises that in reality she was never yours.." He leaves her with a jerk and continues,"No Raina you can't even imagine my pain.. because you love someone and he loves you back, you have him and he has you..and I pray to God that the one whom you love always stay with you to take care of you.. to love you.. "

He takes his steps backward, looking at her, wishing her, "Wish you all the love and happiness you richly deserve.. bye Raina.." he leaves.

Raina still staring at the door for few more moments,falls on the ground at her knees, cries out loud calling his name, "Rajeev.." Sameera immediately comes near her and holds her, she overheard their conversation, she too has tears in her eyes. She hugs her tightly, trying to calm her down, but in vain, tears are continuously flowing from her eyes which she managed to hold back infront of him.

****

He is driving the car rashly, just saved from colliding with other vehicles, after driving aimlessly for few hours, he stops the car near a highway. He finds difficult to breath, he comes out of the car to take some fresh air, sits there on the ground and can't stop himself from crying...

****

Author's note-

Hello Readers, I thank you for reading my story, Please vote if you like it, also I would love to hear your reviews in comments. Thanks once again!