The Proposal

Her heart melts for him immediately, in fact she was never angry with him, she was pretending to be harsh to him just to save her emotions from being exposed, but when she sees pain and guilt in his eyes, she is not able to put on an act of being angry with him any more, she says lovingly,

"You didn't hurt me Rajeev, you never can.. but you are making all this very difficult for me"

He surprisingly asks, "What I'm making difficult for you? I didn't get you?"

She says averting his gaze,  "You are making difficult for me to..to.. " closes her eyes and says in an agitated tone, " to stay away from you Rajeev.."

"But, you don't need to.." he takes a step towards her and says adoringly..

"But.." she says, but stops when he places his finger on her lips and whispers, "Shhh... " Her heart skips a beat, his soft touch makes her tremble, she feels hypnotized by his mesmeric gaze. He takes her hand in his hand, places it on his heart and stares silently into her eyes as if he is asking her through his eyes,

"Can you feel my heart Raina? Can you feel how much it needs you? Can you feel how restless it is without you? Can you feel what you mean to it? Can you feel how much it aches without you? Can you feel it is you only who can takes its pain away and make it happy?"

She feels his racing heartbeat explaining her that his condition is no different from hers. She sees his love for her in his deep, expressive eyes. The thought that he can love her never crossed her mind before, and it is still hard for her to believe it to be true even after witnessing the condition of his heart.

She immediately takes her hand off his chest, tuns to the other side and says, "No, this can't be true". Her body is shivering badly, she feels a cold and nervous feeling down her spine, she feels her legs frozen and she finds difficult to stand straight. 

He touches her softly at her elbow and turns her to look at him and says, "Why it can't be true? Don't you believe what my heart says? Don't you believe my eyes too? Look at me Raina. Answer me." he sounds disappointed and troubled.

"I do.. I do" she surrenders...

"But.." she continues, "but how is this possible Rajeev, just look at us, we are drastically different. You're such a handsome man, you are a heartthrob, people call you king of hearts, you have a charming personality and I am just an average looking girl. There are thousands of admirers of you in the world and I am almost non existent for the world.  You are rich, you have style, glamour, fame, in short, you have everything which I can never even dream of.." She takes a deep breath and says with heavy heart and a fake smile, "I think you really deserve a better girl Rajeev. I'm not the right one for you.." and she bursts into tears uncontrollably..

"You are right Raina, i do deserve a better girl, but you know what.." he comes closer, wipes her tears with his fingers and says with an immense passion, "I don't think there can be any girl on this planet who can be better than you, I believe you're not just the right one for me but the best one for me.. I might have everything Raina but believe me, without you everything is incomplete, even I'm incomplete.. " he says in a pleading tone.

"And what you said, you are an average looking girl. You really think so? he smirks and continues, "If you'll ask me, believe me I've not seen more beautiful girl than you ever in my life" he says in a husky voice. She blushes and lowers her gaze. He continues in the same sexy tone, "I'm in love with your beautiful eyes, I'm in love with your sweet smile, I'm in love with your soft lips, I'm in love with your long hair" his gaze travels down her body and shifts back to her eyes.. "I'm in love with your mesmeric beauty and..

I'm completely in love with you Raina, I love you..I just love you.." he proudly confesses his love to her..

Can there be anything in this world which can be more soothing than this what she just heard from him? No, not at all. She loses her control over her emotions and throws herself into his arms, and he immediately takes her into his warm embrace. He closes his eyes and enjoys the best moment of his life wholeheartedly. They intertwine themselves as tightly as they possibly can, squeezing out every last drop of air separating them. He feels her body is cold and she is shivering, he rubs her back to comfort her. His shoulder gets wet with her tears. They stay in the same position for few more moments not wanting to be apart. His fingers brush through her hair. There is a gratified smile on faces of both. They slowly pull away from the hug, but their eyes are still locked, they see an ocean of affection for themselves  into each other's eyes.

He takes off his locket from his neck and wraps it round her neck. She feels dazed but before she can utter a word, he whispers in her ear, 

"This is my first gift of love for my future wife"

He smiles seeing her completely startled. He winks at her and leaves.

Author's note-

Hello Readers, I thank you for reading my story, Please vote if you like it, also I would love to hear your reviews in comments. Thanks once again!