There was something about her, I'm not even sure what it was. She's just so... simple, but I still can't understand her.

Only three hours after I dropped her off, I had to see her again. When I leaned in to kiss her, she just left and I don't know why. I'm pretty good looking and she's kissed me before so I don't see what the big deal was.

I dialed her number before I could talk myself out of it and the line rang twice before her voice was in my ear.

"Hello?" I usually didn't like American accents, but God, I loved hers.

"Hey," Hey? That's the best I could come up with? I know I'm not the smoothest guy out there, but hey?

"What's up?" she asked me and I couldn't help the idiotic grin that my mouth broke into.

"Do you wanna hang out?"

"It's only been a few hours..." she pointed out.

"You're right, this was stupid-"

"Where should I meet you?" I heard the smile on her face and I felt my grin grow even wider.

"The beach behind your house? I can be there in about five minutes."

"Alright, see you in five minutes." Raelene hung up the phone and I grabbed a pair of nicer shorts from my dresser, out them on and walked down the stairs of my house.

"Where are you going?" My brother asked me. Hunter and I looked almost exactly alike. The only differences were that I was blonde and built better than he was.

"Raelene's," I answered, grabbing my keys from a basket on the counter.

"I thought you didn't do relationships?" he taunted.

"I don't." I left the house before Hunter could interrogate me any further and I drove the short distance to the beach behind Raelene's house.

When I got there, it was four o'clock and the beach was mainly empty. I walked over to the steps that led to Rae's house and saw her sitting on one.

"Hey," I called out.

She looked up at me and smiled, pushing her dark hair out of her face.

"Hey," she called back to me.

Now what? What do I say?

"What happened to your face?"

Smooth. Real smooth, Austin. I mentally slapped myself as I saw her smile fade and she covered the scar on her cheek.

"I made it sound worse than it is, I'm sorry."

She tried to smile at me, but I knew that it was forced.

(Please start playing 'Save Me' by Nicki Minaj)

"Um," she stalled. "I fell." Her voice raised at the end and it sounded more like a question than an explanation.

"Seriously," I pressed. She sighed, stood up from the stair and we walked to the shore. She sat down on the soft sand and I sat next to her.

"I might as well just tell you the whole story because it's more confusing if I don't." Raelene pulled her knees up to her chest.

"When I was younger, like 15 or 16, this guy named Alek took my virginity, but I was drunk when he did. When I woke up, he was gone and I had a text that said that it wasn't as good as he expected. I never heard from him again until he showed up in Los Angeles this past year."

I already hated this Alek guy.

"When he showed up, I was so shocked. After a few months, I realized that he changed. I got into a fight with Blake one night and I called Alek to pick me up. I couldn't be around Blake."