33

It took us around 2 hours to reach London, and that time was full of nervousness as we tried to save our energy whilst also trying not to fall to our deaths. According to Luna, thestrals have the ability to fly back home without any issues so we won't have to worry about scaring any muggles who've just happened to see someone die in their life

We climes off the thestrals in an alleyway, the dark and dangerous setting of the muggle area causing me to keep my wand raised. Harry and I led the group quickly towards a bright red telephone booth sitting in the corner of the stree. 

"This is the only entrance I know that doesn't use the Floo network" I explained as the whole group tried to cram into the tiny space of the telephone booth. It soon became evident that we would have to all make two trips. Harry, Ron, Ginny and Neville went first. Harry passed Hermione some muggle money and we watched from outside as he fumbled around in the machine, slotting the golden coin in and tapping the numbers into the keypad. The booth suddenly sunk into the ground, taking our friends with it. 

The four of us waited impatiently in the freezing night, shivering despite the fact that it's mid summer. Compared to the quiet, magical evenings in the grounds of Hogwarts, central London is a pandemonium of bustling noises, never silent and never resting. It is always alive with life. 

As soon as the booth came back up for the rest of us, we climb into the booth with no difficulty. Hermione concentrated on entering the money into the slot and typing the sequence. 

As the booth shuddered and begun it's descent, I clung to the sides nervousness. 

We reached the floor thankfully soon, where Harry and the others were waiting for us. The moment that we left the telephone box and entered the interior of the Ministry, we began our race. 

The ministry is empty at this time of night, so we had no difficulty finding the elevator and clambering inside. The journey to the Department of Mysteries on Level 9 was completely silent as we all began to prepare ourselves for what lay ahead. 

I caught Harry giving me some strange glances, as if he knew something. I looked at him back, confused, he kept his stare for 2 more seconds and then continued to look forwards. 

Some of us were relying on the encouragement of the others to get us through it, others were relying on their magical ability and the quiet confidence that they'd put up a good fight against any death eaters that would attack the,. But I just stood in the back left corner and fiddled with the ring that Draco had given me. 

"Department of Mysteries" 

I just suddenly, not having noticed that the lift was even slowing down, let alone reach the department. Lauren squeezed my shoulder as I blink a few times to gather my bearings and step out of the lift along with everybody else, into the cold and foreboding corridor of the department. Black tiles line the walls and floors- probably so that any spilt blood can be easily mopped up. The only added things are the crystal chandeliers that hang from the ceiling, illuminated by tiny flames. 

"This is it." Harry mutters, trying to portray confidence for the rest of our sakes. I watch Neville take a large breath in as we all tighten our fingers around our wands and from no on, prepared to be attacked. 

At the end of the long, dark corridor is a strange looking blue door that appears to be completely out of place.

Harry begins to walk forwards, stumbling slightly as first but then straightening up,  continuing in the direction of the blue door that will reveal the answers to our questions. With our fake sureness in ourselves, we all follow Harry taking small and careful steps. 

-------------------

"90, 91, 92," Harry murmurs to himself, striding and starting to make a huge distance between us.