Curses and Cries

Raven's POV

Our feet pound upon the stone staircases as we run away from the courtyard and head up the moving staircases. I listen attentively as Harry explains to Ron, Hermione and what it was that he saw. 

"Harry, are you sure?" I ask doubtfully. 

"I saw it." Harry replies firmly, "It's just like with Mr Weasley, it's the same door that I've been dreaming about for months except I could remember where i'd seen it before."

We reach the top of one of the staircases and turn sharply onto the next. "Sirius said that Voldemort was after something, something that he didn't have last time. And it's in the Department Of Mysteries."

I grab his arm and pull him to a stop. "Harry, please listen!" Hermione says forcefully. Harry stops running and turns around to look at the three of us. "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?" The fear in Hermione's eyes were unmissable, and I don't doubt that Ron's look the same. Lauren stands there, strong as usual. 

"So what if he is?" Harry stammers in response. "I'm just supposed to let him die? Hermione, he's the only family Raven and I have left." 

I sigh. "He's right you know. We can't just let him die." 

We both wait for the other's verdict. I know that if they tell him not to go, we'll just go anyways. 

"Fine, but you're not going alone." Hermione declares. Harry looks at me gratefully. 

"I can't ask you to put your lives in danger." He tries. I shake my head and climb to the steps above him. 

"So what were all those awkward classes for? And don't you dare tell me I'm not capable enough. Harry, without help, you'll be an easy target." 

I hold my hand out to him. "Fine." He says, taking my hand and running in front of me. "We'll have to use the Floo Network." Harry decides, and we begin racing up the stairs again. "

"How? Umbridge has them all under surveillance." Lauren asks, slightly out of breath. 

"Not all of them." I reply. The three of them turn to look at me. "The one in her office. She won't be back for a while because she'll be too busy tracking down Fred and George- it's the perfect distraction!" 

We agree to meet outside Umbridge's office in 10 minutes, so that we can change and collect anything that we'll need for the journey. I'm just tearing off around the corner when I crash into Fred. 

"Whoa, slow down. Why in such a hurry?" He asks, bending down to give me a kiss. 

"Fred, I can't right now. I'm sorry." I pull away. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing, but you need to let me go." 

Out of nowhere, Fred erupts with anger. "Why do you always do this? Run away from me and never give me a reason why?"

I know that I should've been upset, but at that moment I didn't care whether I dated Fred or not. I know that I don't really love him deep down. He's a good person and can be fun to be around but it wasn't Draco. And that wasn't fair on Fred. 

"I'm, sorry. I really have to go." I run down the staircase which leads to the Slytherin dungeons, gratefully meeting no one on my way. 

-------------

Dressed in a pair of jeans, a leather jacket and some sturdy trainers ( as I anticipated we might be doing a lot of running), I waited outside Umbridge's office, jumping at every sound, worried that it might be the hag herself.