Focus

Raven's POV

Harry's asked me to run the DA class. I protested but with a nudge from Ron, a speech from Lauren and a glare from Hermione, I was technically forced to do so. I stand on the tiled floor, my reflection gazing back at me from the mirrors. Harry is standing in the corner, sitting and just watching. Not participating. Just watching

"Okay, so. I'm filling in for Harry today because- well it's pretty self explanitory he's broken his arm." I say, trying to make a joke. No one laughs and continues to still stare at me like a lost puppy. I clap my hands together. "Duelling is a practise in culture in which two or more engage each other in combat under the condition that only means could be used. The combatants face each other, bow, and then attempt to disarm, stun, injure, defeat, or kill each other in order to force submission, and thus a winner is decided. I'm obviously not going to teach you how to kill, just stun your opponent so you have time to get away." I finish my explanation and pull Ron to the middle.

"Now can everyone please stand across the edges and watch Ron please. I'll be using my own magic because it's just alot easier. I'm just testing for skills here." I shout and everyone shuffles about to the edges of the room. Ron comes up to me and shakes me hand and whilst doing so he bends down to my ear and whispers.

"Don't worry, i'll go easy on you" he smirks and walks back.

"Thanks Ronald" I say out loud and make my way backwards.

There are shouts of encouragement to Ron but not me. Again, being a Slytherin really doesn't help.

Ron looks over to the boys cheering him and I can see that his face is already full of confidence. I take off my silver ring and place it in my pocket and get my hands ready. Ron lifts his wand back too slowly and before he can utter a spell I make a ball of magic in my hands and flick my wrist, sending it into Ron's chest causing him to fly back into the wall.

Lauren claps from one corner as the room is in silence. "Now, wand time. Everyone pair up and I'll come round to each one of you and help" Everyone starts to shuffle again, and of course all of the girls and with the girls and all of the boys are with the boys. And Neville is on his own.

"Uh, Neville I'll be with you if you like" I say kindly and he gives me an awkward nod. "Don't worry I won't do anything harsh"

I take my wand out, feeling the smoothness of the dark wood against my hand and the engravings at the handle. Neville immediatly holds his arm out, his wand in his hand.

"Hey, like this." I say and take his arm and push it upwards and move his hand. "Try to stop shaking."

We both take our stances and before I could even utter 'Expelliarmus' my wand is flying out of my hand and into Neville's. I stand there, shocked slightly with a smile on my face.

"Raven, I am so sorry. I-oof" Neville stutters and is met with a hug from me.

"Don't be silly, that was amazing!" I say, applauding him with everyone else. Harry comes by my side and gives me a nod of approval. We all stand at the front of the room to signify the end of the lesson.

"Right, so that's it for todays lesson. Now we won't be seeing you again until after the holidays" Harry says, and every starts to plant a down look on their faces. "So just keep practicing on your own as best as you can and well done everyone. Great work"

Everyone starts to shuffle around the room again, getting their things from the corners and saying bye to Harry and I. Mostly Harry though. Lauren stands at the back, looking at Harry and he does the same. I decide to leave them alone in the room and make my way back to the common room.