Potions and a Whack Around the Head

Harry's POV

"So um, Lauren the Hogsmeade trip is in a few weeks." I said in a failed tone my voice slightly cracking in nervousness.

"That's good what's a hogsmeade and where's it going?" She asked. I looked at her as if she was crazy. I almost forgot that the she only moved here last year.

"Hogsmeade is just off the school grounds." I laughed slightly. Lauren is quite a likeable character most of the time. I met her when she became Raven's bestfriend. I'm not particularly sure of my feelings towards her because of Cho and such.

"Yeah, I'll go with you" her face faltered into a smile.

"Okay love birds, stop with the goo-goo eyes and lets get to class" Raven snickers and pushes us both into Snape's classroom. We all take our seats and get our books out.

-------

Raven's POV

We all sat down and Snape began the class. I almost forgot about Malfoy until Snape mentioned working in partners. I groaned slightly but nevertheless began to get the ingredients for our potions. 

On the way back from the storage cupboard I started humming slightly to a song I wrote in my spare time. I really hope that I get to perform this year as Mystique this year again. Last year I gained the title "Mystique" because I performed in a mask at the Yule ball and have ever since. No one knows exept Harry. Lauren doesn't even know.

"You a fan of her too?" Malfoy asks. So he's a fan of me? Well then.

I made a noise of approval and began grinding the moonstone. Snape glides past us and looks over our cauldron and gives a nod. "That's funny Malfoy I would never had thought you'd like her." I raised my eyebrows.

"There are alot of things you don't know about me" He mutters while stirring the potion around.

"Ah- no the other way." I take his hand and begin to stir the other way. "Anti-clockwise" I say my hand still on his. My mixed emotions are whirring through my head when Draco clears his throat and jerks his hand away.

I give a look of confusion and realise that Goyle is standing right next to him asking some questions about food or whatever. I look up and see Goyle staring at me. Is he trying to make me uncomfortable or something?

Goyle bites his lip and stares me up and down in a very horrible manner.

"GOYLE. Are you even listening to me?" Malfoy snaps his fingers in front of his face.

"No. He's giving me rape looks" I said looking back at the potion.

"How do you know that?" Malfoy snaps. I point to my head and he nods. Telepathy. "Sir we're done." he says and Snape comes over to our desk and tests the potion. He nods in approval and takes our notes. He nods again and gives us our marks.

"Full marks as usual Miss Potter and Mr Malfoy" his slick voice says. I raise my eyebrow at him and smile.

Suddenly, the clacking of heels erupts from the door way like thunder and lightning on a stormy night. 

"Every so sorry to interrupt but I'm just here to do a quick check on the class and it's standards." a high pitched accent echoed with a giggle at the end.

We all walked down and began working as hard as we could. Well exept from me anyways. I just stood there and did nothing as she walked in. I decided to take a seat and prop my feet up. I recieved a stern look from Snivellus but carried on anyways.

"You applied for the post for a Defence Against the Dark Arts am I correct?" she circled around him in an attempt to taunt him. She's unsuccessful of course because her height is nearly the same as a dwarf. That's a whole lot a bitchiness in a very, VERY small package.

"Yes..." Snape was unsure but he carried on teaching.

"And you were unsuccessful?" she said provokingly.

"Obviously" Snape snapped, stirring a potion trying to block the bitch out.

"Okay that'll be all" she squeaked and plotted out of the room. I snickered loudly and began to laugh which earned me a whack around the head from Snape with a piece of paper. Sooner or later the whole class began to laugh along with me.

"Oh lighten up Snivellus" I said between laughs.

So that's it for today. It's a bit of a shorter chapter but hopefully it makes up for the others :)