Bombarda Maxima

Raven's POV

That night, I didn't get any sleep at all. I was tossing and turning. I guess Pansy's obnoxious snoring didn't help. I woke up to an empty bed beside me. Lauren had gone to 'consult' with Harry and Hermione. I groaned and got out of bed.

As I walked into the common room with a book, I heard someone clear their throat. "You look great." I turned around to see Draco with his arms crossed, leaning against the wall.

"I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm but I'm don't care." I said, sitting down on the sofa and opening my book. I wasn't actually reading and it seems as if my pretending wasn't fooling anyone.

I heard footsteps getting closer and Draco pulled the book away from my face. "I got your present by the way." He stated, his fingers tracing along the spine of the book. His eyes flicked to my hand to see the ring he had gotten me for Christmas.

I looked to my hand and looked back up at him. "You know.." I said, twirling the ring around my finger. "I had to make up alot of lies for this. You should be grateful I didn't rat you out." I smirked.

Draco raised his eyebrow and leaned forward, his arms bracing on the sofa. "I guess I am. But you wouldn't do that anyways." He said as his face was centimeters from mine. Draco leaned into my lips hungrily and embraced them with a kiss. My eyes fluttered and closed, complying with his actions. 

He pulled away, his pupils dialated and slightly out of breath. "I really shouldn't be doing this." I murmured. My eyes flicked to the clock, I was supposed to be at The Room of Requirement by now.

"Yet here you are." Draco replied, sitting next to me.  "I suppose you have to go to your friends now." He said with a slight sneer. I smiled and got up, leaving the common room.

I pulled my bag around my bag and rushed down the stairs, tripping slightly. When I reached The Room Of Requirement, everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me.

Lauren nodded at me, to say hello and Harry did the same. "Right everyone, back to practice." Harry said, as he walked over to me. "Where've you been? You're late." Harry looked at me slightly agitated. "You were supposed to be teaching today's lesson." He whined.

I sighed. "I know, I'm sorry I got caught up with.." My eyes flicked to the corner where Fred was standing. A sudden pang of guilt rushed through me as he smiled. I pull myself together, shaking my head slightly. "So, what are you guys doing?" I ask, changing the subject.

Harry, looking confused at my sudden mood change, answers. "Patronus Charms." I nod and pull my wand out, ready to take over the lesson. "They're all yours." Harry says and goes back to Lauren.

"Okay everyone!" I shout over the noise. I feel everyone's eyes on me, their voices filling my head. "Patronus Charms. Who here in this room has been able to produce one?" I ask. Only a few hands pop up from the crowd. Looks like Harry hasn't been able to get them to produce any yet.

"The best way to produce a Patronus Charm, as Harry has probably already mentioned already, is to make your memory a powerful one. The happiest you can remember. Allow it to fill you up." I say while walking around, adjusting people's hands. I see Seamus' wand spurt a blue trace and then stop. "Keep trying Seamus."

I walk pass Fred. "Your turn now" I say, smirking. He smirks back and raises his wand.

"Expecto Patronum!" A Hyena formed itself from the blue wisps of the charm. I nod in satisfaction.

I walk past Neville who is struggling. I stand beside him and hold my wand out. He looks at me nervously as he copies my actions.

"Expecto Patronum!" I recite, and a Black Mamba slithers across the air. Neville does the same and fails. "Keep trying Neville." He nods as I leave him.

All of a sudden, I feel a shake in the ground. Everyone stops in fear and looks towards the rumble. I take off my protective ring and keep my hands ready, green wisps already starting to form in my hands. The lights flicker and everyone gathers into a group near the entrance.

I walk forwards, keeping my hand out behind me to stop Harry from coming anywhere near the wall. Another flicker and loud noise erupts from the entrance. The mirror suddenly cracks and I hold up my hands. Fred and George take their wands out, ready.

When the glass falls to the floor I see the familiar face of the woman in pink. Umbridge. A tiny hole in the wall unforunately allows me to see her revolting face.

"I will make short work of this." She says, her wand pointed towards the wall. My hand goes up, pushing Harry back with a small pulse of energy.

"Bombarda Maxima." A huge explosion rips throughout the room, I create a shield of energy around me, the debris flings off and onto the floor. Screams and shouts echo throughout the room. My ears ring as the dust falls to the ground.

A handful of Slytherin students are all packed behind Umbridge, their faces holding the same expression as the queen toad herself. Draco comes into view, he's holding Cho Chang. He looks at me straight away and I see a slight disappointment in his eyes. It goes away quickly.

"Get them" Umbridge points her short stubby finger at us. Draco gives me an unapologetic look and walks off with Cho. 

My arm is suddenly yanked and I am dragged away by Theodore Nott. "You fucking idiot, get your hands off me you twit." I grit my teeth and try to get out of his grasp but he's alot stronger than I am. "For god's sake." I huff. He pushes me into a wall front first. He then grabs my robe and drags me along the corridor.

I'm dragged all the way to the entrance of Dumbledore's office and then dragged up the stairs. Then before I know it, i'm being pushed into the headmasters office and fall to the floor. I look up and see Umbridge's pink, pudgy heels. I sneer and get up, dusting my robes off.

The office is full of people. Dumbledore is sitting behind his dest, his expression serene, the tips of his long fingers together. Fudge, Minister of Magic, is rocking back and forth on his toes beside the fire, apparently immensely pleased with the situation and Kingsley Shacklebolt, a  tough looking wizard with short wirey hair.

Harry and I stand next to eachother in front of Dumblefore, Cho Chang next to us.

"Well." Fudge says, "Well, well, well..."

"Is that the only word you know? Or are you going to explain how you're employee just blew a wall up, endangering the lives of children!" I ask, my voice ferocious. "Guess the Minister of Magic isn't as smart as many people think."

"I've been watching them for weeks," Umbridge tells fudge, who's eyes are bright with pride. "And see? 'Dumbledore's Army!' Proof of what I'e been telling you right from the beginning, Cornelius! And her!" Umbridge points to me. "She has some sort of Dark Magic lurking inside her! We must stun her now!" She says, her wand out. I hold my hands up, ready to push her back but I felt as if all my power was gone.

And just like that, my head hit the floor and I was surrounded in a blanket of black...