Pink Fluffy Toad

Raven's POV

I can't get to sleep. Not when I know that Voldemort is out to get us once again. When I stormed off earlier I felt pure anger. I couldn't control it, it was like something was inside of me.

Anyways, that's not the only reason I can't get to sleep. Ron's snoring like an absolute pig. It's quite adorable to be honest but not when I literally haven't gotten any sleep over the past couple of days. During my sleepless night I saw Harry toss and turn quite a lot, speaking in his sleep also. I had to share a bed with him because there weren't enough and no one else would share.

Pulling me from my thoughts I feel movement at the bottom of the bed and I jump up, terrified. Only to see a fluffy white cat peep out from under the covers.

"Emerald!" I whisper and pick her up, stroking her head gently. I make my way out of bed carefully, trying not to wake anyone up, and pad downstairs into the kitchen. "C'mon lets get you some food." I say to Emerald and she purrs in appreciation. I find a can of tuna on the top shelf.  I think "wingardium leviosa" and bring my hand up towards the can and green whisps spurt from my fingertips. 

"Up so early are we?" I jump and loose concentration as the can falls to the floor with a cluttering sound. I turn around to see Fred, leaning against the doorframe in his pyjamas and smirk slightly.

"Yeah- I um, couldn't get to sleep" I replied opening the can and putting the contents into the bowl.

"May I ask why?" Fred asks seriously.

"Nightmare" I mutter and set the bowl on the floor in the corner of the room. Emerald leaps out of my arms and runs towards the tuna.

"You know, if you ever need anyone I'm always here" Fred walks beside me and puts a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to face him, inches away from his face. Wait, what am I doing? I'm in the middle of being expelled from Hogwarts and an Dark wizard is threatening to kill me and here I am in my pyjamas, in the kitchen, inches away from Fred Weasley's face.

"Ahem" someone clears their throat and I push Fred away from me immediately. "Was I just going to see something that I wasn't supposed to see or was that just my imagination?" Harry stands in the door way of the kitchen, smirking like no tomorrow.

"Nope nothing. Um oh yeah Harry we need to get ready for the hearing remember?"

"Wha-OH YEAHHH that, i'll just go upstairs and get everything ready. You should come too" He babbles quickly, and at the speed of light I exit the room and run upstairs.

"So you and Fred eh?" Harry wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

"Harry, no!" I slap his shoulder and begin to get changed behind the wardrobe door.

"Yeah sure. I saw what you two were about to do" he says, falling over trying to put a sock on. I snort. Shaking my head as I button up my shirt and tuck it into my skirt.

"Is this "formal" enough?" I ask making air quotes with my hand. I'm wearing a dark blue skirt with a white blouse and black converse. I don't do pumps.

"Yeah just loose the trainers" Harry said, doing his tie.

"Ugh, no I don't like anything else." I reply, helping him.

"Just do it" he rolls his eyes and sorts out his hair. I grab a pair of small black heels and let my hair loose in a middle parting. I make sure to grab my wand and slide it into the side of my skirt. I quickly apply some concealer to cover up my sleep deprived bags, curl my eyelashes and put some light mascara on. I usually have a routine but today just doesn't seem like the day.

"You ready?" I ask and Harry nods. We make our way down stairs where Mr Weasley is waiting for us.

"Are we all ready you two?" he cheerily asks. We both nod and say goodbye to everyone in the kitchen.