"Got damn, you hit hard!" I whimpered and she just laughed. Finally getting to my car, me and Collae hopped in and she stared at me.

"What?" I chuckled.

"Where are we going Da Silva? I asked already and you definitely ignored me," Im used to her calling me Theodore, she's probably being funny because thats what my coaches and some friends called me.

"Two options," I started the car, "We can go to this victory party or we can just walk around? Go to a park or something? What do you wanna do?"

"Let's go to the party," she shrugged.

"Party? I thought you said that wasn't really your thing?" I squinted my eyes at her jokingly.

"It isn't but i'm in a strange mood today," She shrugged.

"Alright let's go," I drove out of the parking lot. I turned up the radio which was on the hip hop station.

"Really?" She said dryly with a straight face.

"What?" I chuckled already knowing it was about the music.

"You know what. I know you don't listen to this type of music why is it coincidently on this station when I get in the car huh?" She smiled and narrowed her eyes at me, she was so adorable.

"First of all, everything's not about you Collae, and why don't I listen to this? Cause I'm white?" I joked.

"Hey, you said it, not me," she shrugged.

"You're stereotyping Collae, just cause I'm white doesn't mean I can't listen to rap? That's like saying you don't listen to pop music cause you're black, now how does that sound? Stupid," I taunted her and she folded her arms.

"Whatever Theo, it's cool—I'm feeling this song, I don't care how old it gets I love it," she turned up the radio and I smiled at her getting more comfortable with me.

"Feeling, like I'm touching the ceiling
When I'm with you I can't breathe
Boy, you do something to me
Ooh, now I'll never get over you until I find something new
That get me high like you do, yeah yeah—"

"Ooh, now I'll never get over you until I find something new," I joined in my voice cracking in the process. She stopped and turned off the radio.

"Now Theodore, I did not ask your ass to join in," she giggled, "Your terrible singing ass."

"Oh please, you can't sing either," I was being completely honest, she was terrible.

"Whatever, I'm still cute," she stuck out her tongue and I chuckled. Collae really was a pretty sight for me. She was so beautiful and I'm so angry at myself for never opening up ti seeing her.

"You are cute," I looked over at her, her head was weighing down, "Why do you always do that?"

"What?" She shrugged.

"Look away when I compliment you."

"Because you're just being nice, you don't mean it," she sighed, "Why do you keep trying to fake flirt anyway I thought we were trying to be friends?"

"What do you mean I don't mean it? I do, why would I lie?" I blurted.

"I'm not stupid Theodore, I know what you really want from me, you see my ass and it's what all guys want," she rolled her eyes, I pulled the car over, "Theo what the hell are you—"

"—Did I not tell you what my intentions with you were? Yeah I said I wanted to fuck but I know thats not what you want, I want to be friends, and friends can compliment each other you know," I growled and she sank into the seat again.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to make you upset, it's just how I am okay! You say you want to be friends but I know what it is, but may I remind you, you're a whole senior, and leaving, I'm not making a friendship or relationship with someone who's just going to leave," she scoffed and got out of the car.

"What are you doing?" I shouted at her through the window of my car.

"Leaving, this was a stupid idea," She stomped away, "I didn't even know why I considered this."

"But you don't even know where you are, just get back in and I'll take you home okay?" She groaned before hesitantly getting back in the car. She could've easily called an Uber or ride but she got back in, which had to have meant for something.

"Just because I'm leaving for college doesn't mean we can't be friends, thats so dumb Collae, do you know how many people stay friends after people leave? Unless... this is about more than being friends to you?" I asked her honestly because why would she go this far to have nothing to do with me unless she's feeling otherwise about us in her head.

"I'm not gonna lie Theo, just take me home, I'm not in the mood for this anymore," I tried to talk to her some more but all I was getting in return was grunts and hand gestures.

I really didn't know why I kept trying to be her friend because nothing about this was inviting at all.