Jonty- Go tf to sleep

word Count: 1691
Tags: fluff, not really cannon compliant because I didn't feel like trying to figure out where is the storyline to put this

"Hey, Monty?"
The mattress cracked beside him.
"Monty, are you awake?"
An exhausted voice replied with a grunted "what."
"Do you think- if we ever get to earth- we'll be like glued to the ground from gravity? Cus I mean sure we have "manufactured gravity" here on the station but like what if we're not strong enough and then we're stuck to the floor and we can't move and then-"
A pillow silenced Jaspers open mouth.
"Go. To. Sleep. Jasp." Quiet creaking filled the room as Jasper readjusted himself in the bed.
"Sorry Monty," he whispered in response. "G'night."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
     Sounds of life filled what would have been a silent night on the ark. Bugs and animals and soft winds played a gentle melody that lulled the 100 to restful sleep. Or at least most of the 100.
     "Monts?"
     "Yeah Jasper?" They lied awake, staring up at the glowing stars.
     "Do you think we'll be okay?"
      "Sure, Jasper, we'll figure it out." He answered, sounding half-asleep.
     "There's just so much more than I could've ever imagined. So much life I mean. How are we ever going to be the same?"
     "We aren't," he replied bluntly. "But we'll be okay. We got each other, Jas." They sat quiet for a moment. Monty's eyes began to drift closed and he pulled himself closer into Jasper, who remained as he was, hands crossed behind his head staring straight up.
"Do you think they're okay? On the ark?"
"I don't know," Monty yawned. "But I know they'll figure it out."
      Jasper tunes his head to see his friend lying eyes closed with a faint smile beside him. "I love you."
       "Love you, too. G'night Jas."
He smiled, eyes wide with content, and turned back to face the open canopy.
       "Hey, do you ever wonder-"
     "Good night, Jas." He repeated, more stern this time.
      "Oh yeah sorry. Night." Looking back at Monty beside him, he pulled his knees up, curling into himself under the thin emergency blankets they are earlier found. Monty lay similarly, except his head rested facing up.
"Can I cuddle with you?" feeling no need to make up some justification about the cold.
Monty would have snorted if he weren't so tired. Maybe even made some remark about how dumb of a question that is, we've been sharing a bed since we were kids. Instead he lifted his blanket up in invitation. Jasper scouted over the short distance, throwing his own blanket on top of them, and wrapped himself around his best friend. They laid, limbs familiarly tangled, tired eyes facing each other, warm breaths mixing in the cold air between them. Jasper stayed quiet, trying to force himself to sleep, the comfort of Monty's arm around him helping slightly. He studied Monty's resting face. Long, straight eye lashes. He had a few freckles that could only be seen from this close. His mouth slightly open to suck in the frigid air.
Jasper felt sleep over coming him as he breath deeply, but still felt somehow giddy and full of energy. He pressed his head closer into the warmth of Monty's chest.
     "Do you ever think abou-"
"Sleep!" Monty elbowed him in the stomach.
     "Sorry."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
     "Okay. Scissors." Clarke clipped the end of the string holding Jaspers chest closed. She sipped the blood onto her jeans and stepped back.
     "That should do it." She stood for a while observing and making sure he didn't go into shock of some sort.
    "He seems stable," she commented after a long inspection. "I want you to stay with him. Call me immediately if anything happens."
    " 'course." Monty sat beside Jasper.
   "Two of these every hour if he needs for pain. Don't over do it; we don't have any spare." She tossed an orange bottle at him. "He might be a little out of it when he takes them. I'm gunna go wash up."
     He watched Japers chest rise and fall in pained breaths while he slept. How he was still alive was a wonder in itself.
     Icy winds outside grew louder and softer, brushing past the crashed spacecraft.
On the cot, Jasper groaned.
    "Hey, Jasp." Monty pulled up a stool beside him.
     Jasper made incoherent noises as he reached to rub his eyes but stopped when moving increased the pain in his chest. "...hurts..."
     "Yeah, I know. I know." He presses his lips together and his eyebrows knit in concern. "You gotta lie still. Try to sleep." He ran his hand through Jasper's hair.
    Jasper make a noise of disconnect and wriggled his head away from Monty.
     "Sorry." He stood to get some water for Jasper.
    Between pained and frustrated sobs Monty made out the words "cold", "head" and "hurts". 
     "I'm hurrying Jasper. Just try to relax." He brought the water over and opened the bottle Clarke had left him. "Here you go." Eyes barley half-opened, Jasper accepted the medicine and Monty held his head up so he could swallow the water and pills.
      "Let me get you a blanket." He found a couple of the emergency blankets from the first night in the corner of the room. They were torn and dirty but it would do.
     "Here you go." He laid the blanket over Jasper who mumbled something sounding similar to "thank you."
     Monty looked down at his friend who was slowly falling asleep.
    "Mont... c'mere." He caught Jasper's half-open eyes staring at him.
    "Yeah, Jasp?" He leaned closer, expecting another pained complaint.
    " 's cold still. Cuddle."
"Jasp, you barely fit on that stupid cot by yourself." He fronted as an excuse to not lie down. He didn't trust himself not to collapse from exhaustion if he did. And Jasper needed him awake.
"Please?" He whined childishly. Monty sighed, knowing he would do whatever Jasper asked.
"Scoot over."
Laying quietly beside Jasper, he prayed for the dumb commentary that used to keep him up at night.
     "You shoul... hmungry..." Jasper mutter senselessly. "We should go in the fielgnsn... eveh apter..." Monty let out a calmed breath and smiled.
     "Shhhh. Sleep Jasper. It'll help." Jasper wiggled beside him, adjusting to a more comfortable position.
    "Grounders probably think we're aliens. That's why they don't like me." Jasper threw his arm over him and pulled Monty's hand into his own.
     Monty bit back a laugh.
     "Shhh. Okay. I'm sure your right. Now sleep." He ram his thumb along Jasper hand.
     "Okay. Love you. Night." He closed his eyes tight like a toddler with too much energy despite barely being able to lift his own weight. "I'm sleeping now."
      "Good night," Monty replied.
      "...forgot to say I love you too," Jasper reminded him, dosing off as he spoke.
     "I love you too. Now sleep."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Hey Monty?"
"Please Jasper not tonight. I'm exhausted." So much had happened in the last 36 hours. But finally Lexa had regained control and the skykrew was at peace with the grounders and the monsters in mount weather were gone. Though not without great loss. So much life and land was destroyed on all sides. Jasper had nearly lost Monty. But he was safe now. No longer trapped in a cage. They were safe now.
"Okay sorry." Monty curled into Jasper's chest.
A lot had changed since they landed on earth. A lot of friends were made. A lot more were lost. They had all grown, some more than they'd care to realize. And their relationships had grown as well. Jasper had realized something's when he saw Monty in that cage. Monty had realized somethings when he saw Jasper with Maya.
"Hey, Monty, I'm sorry but it's important." Monty groaned, frustrated.
"What. What's so important that you can't wait until the morning."
"I love you."
"Yeah. I love you too. Good night." He rolled to face away from Jasper.
"No. I mean I love you love you. Like I'm in love with you." Jasper felt Monty freeze beside him. "Monts?"
Monty turned back to face him. His eyes were wide with fear or pain? Maybe confusion?
"Don't. Don't say that Jasper."
"What? Why?"
"You just lost Maya. You don't love me. You're just trying to find something familiar to take refuge in. Please don't do that to me."
"I- I-"
"Good night Jasper," he said with finality, ending the conversation. Jasper raked his mind. What that true? Was he looking for comfort? No. No way. He loves Monty. He should have seen it sooner. Why would Monty think he didn't love him?
"Monty wait. That's not true and I think you know it." He sat up and faced Monty, who lied facing away. "I love you. I have for so long and I'm stupid for not seeing that sooner. You meaning everything to me. Please Monty. Please just look at me."
For a moment there was nothing. He lied completely still as Jasper held his breath. Then there was movement. He turned and sat up, still not looking into Jasper's eyes.
"I love you Monty. I mean it. Yeah I liked Maya but I love you. And it shouldn't have taken the possibility of losing you to see that."
"Jasper I swear to God," Monty looked up at him, electric nerves in his chest. "I want you to think for a minute. Really think about what your saying. Because I love you. And I want you. But if this is guilt, or comfort, or familiarity I want to know now. So before you say anything else, just think."
Jasper's face had transformed into a giddy smile.
"No. Stop. Stop smiling. Think." Monty threatened, despite a suppressed smile growing on his face.
"I love you." Jasper said without question. "I know I do. It's not guilt or anything else. I love you, okay? Have I said it enough to convince you?" Monty allowed the smile on his face to come out.
"Yeah. Okay. Yes"
"Yeah?"
"Yeah." Monty nodded and leaned into Jaspers opened arms. They embraced, arms wrapped tight around each other, tears threatening to pour out.
"Can I kiss you?" Jasper whispered into Monty's ear.
He nodded yes, dragging his hands up to behind his best friend head and pulling him in.