Destiel-Flowers

Gotta credit AlbusDumbldore777 for the prompt
I've had this written for a while but I wanted to wait until I finished my other stories to start a new one or else I know I'd never finish anything plus I don't really like the ending so I'll probs do a part2
Word count: 2576
Labels/warning: angst, mentions of death, bullying, homophobia
(Sorry I promise they get happier after this one)

Gotta credit AlbusDumbldore777 for the prompt I've had this written for a while but I wanted to wait until I finished my other stories to start a new one or else I know I'd never finish anything plus I don't really like the ending so I'll probs do...

Castiel sighed in defeat as he picked up the remains of another murdered plant in his yard. Something, or rather someone, as he suspected, was pulling up his flowers. At this point, Castiel had gotten used to the occasional squishing of his plants by unknowing trespassers who hiked the area around his home. He accepted that his garden looked more like part of the forest that surrounded his quaint cabin than a backyard, but he refused to fence off his yard. In fact, he kind of enjoyed the days with beautiful weather when he could sit in his kitchen and watch passerby's attempt to capture the beauty of his flowers for their Instagram pictures. It made him rather proud of his work.
But this was getting ridiculous. At first, he suspected a gopher or rabbit was the culprit. But he soon realized that there was a pattern to the crimes. Every Tuesday and Thursday for the past 4 weeks when Castiel arrived home from work at the library, a single flower would be gone. Now, one flower was no big deal to Cas. He didn't even mind when people unknowingly stole an entire bouquet of flowers from his garden. Being a romantic himself, he loved the idea of someone bringing home a hand picked bouquet for him. Not that that would ever happen to him, seeing as he how he was a hermit that lived on the edge of town and worked at a sorely under utilized library. He barley even had friends thanks to his lack of "people skills".
No, he didn't mind the missing flowers so much as how the thief chose to take the flowers. Rather than pick a single stem, they had taken to ripping out an entire plant, snapping off the flower, then dropping the gruesome leafy remains on the ground. Well that only happened twice, but whomever it was had been maiming his bushes. Castiel currently had a half a dozen half bloomed, beat up Daisies, Dahlias, and roses in a vase in his kitchen table that he had had to prune off the plants to keep them looking nice.
  At this rate, Castiel's bees would have nothing to pollinate and make delicious honey from. He loved his bees perhaps even more than he did his flowers, and someone was destroying their nectar supply. And, honestly, Castiel was sick of it. He had made up his mind to confront the heathen who had been terrorizing his precious flower garden next Thursday.
                    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥