Stormpilot/Finnpoe- Spanish class

Word Count: 2091
Tags/warnings: fluff and funny
      Finn slid into the empty chair in the back corner of the classroom, pulling out his phone. One more class till the first days over. Then only 189 more to go. Then 2 more years. Oh god, high school was painful. Stupid Amidala High. He scrolled through his Instagram feed liking pictures of actors and friends, as well as artsy photos from National Geographic and NASA, and ignoring everything else around him.
     The bell rang signaling the start of class. Finn pulled out his schedule and double-checked the 6th-period row; Cassian Andor- Spanish 1.
      "Hola clase, me llamo Sr. Andor y yo seré tu maestro para español uno este año." He pulled out a piece of paper and continued, "Now I'm sure you've heard the same first-day speech 5 times today so I will try to keep it to the basics and get it over with." He began handing out papers to each student. Finn skimmed over the yellow sheet quickly before shoving it into his bag.
       "As I said before, my name is Sr. Andor and I will be your Spanish teacher this year. This paper will explain the grading system for the class. 40% classwork, 30% homework, 20% exams, and quizzes, and 10% for the semester final. Pretty simple. Any questions?" Sr. Andor paused and looked for any hands up. "No? Okay! Well then, this is Spanish One so I don't expect anyone to know anything yet, but in a moment we will all introduce ourselves in Spanish."
    Sr. Andor walked over to the whiteboard and started writing. "You may use 'mi nombre es' or 'me llama' then state your name and one fact that tells us something about who you are." He finished writing and set the pen down.
      "Okay. I'll go first. Me llama Sr Andor y I was born in Mexico City, next?"
      A hand shot up in the front. "Me llamo Kylo and my grandfather founded this school."
     Finn went back to scrolling and tuned out the droning of students being corrected on 'meh not mee' and 'yamo not lamo'. An eerie feeling sent a shiver down Finn's spine. He looked up and saw a boy sat beside him staring intently at him. He didn't even look away when Finn clearly noticed his staring. Finn scooted away and adjusted himself so the boy couldn't read over his shoulder, then continued scrolling.
        A few minutes later he still felt eyes scouring him. He turned to face the boy.
        "What. Are. You. Staring. At?!?!" He whisper-yelled at the boy beside him.
       "You." He smirked, sending a blush over Finn's face. Finn diverted his gaze back to his phone. Someone tapped his desk.
      "Hello? Your turn." Sr. Andor towered over Finn.
      "Oh, sorry." Finn stood at his desk. "Hola, me, er, mi nombre es Finn-"
       "Hellllllooo Finn." The boy interrupted, batting his eyelashes.
      "Uh," Finn looked back at his teacher. "Who are you," Sr. Andor prompted. Finn snorted.
     "Who am I?  Well, I ask myself that every day." Sr. Andor gave him the 'stop being a smart ass look' so Finn finished, "Fine. I'm a foster kid."
      "Gracias, Finn, you can sit back down. Next?"
      The boy with a staring problem spoke up. "Well I can tell you who I am." He tossed a winked at Finn.
       "Hola, me llamo Poe y nací en Guatemala pero ellos estropearon mis clases así que estoy aquí ahora, so I was going to transfer into Native Speaker class, which is what I signed up for, pero ahora," he paused and looked away from the teacher to give Finn a once over, "I think I may just stay here. Easy A for the end of the day and the view isn't too bad either."
    He raised and lowered his eyebrows quickly, giving Finn an attempt at smolder, then sat back down.
     "Well, I always encourage my students to push themselves, especially my native speakers, so we can talk about schedule changes later. Next?"
       The droning continued but Finn could no longer focus on random pictures people posted. Who was that boy? Why was he so, stare-y and, well, flirty? His thoughts were interrupted by their main character. 
      "Hey," Poe called out quiet enough for only the people around him to hear. Finn pretended not to notice. It was the first day of high school, and he had almost finished it without incident. He didn't need Poe over here messing it up now.
     "Hey."
      "Pssssst."
     "Hey, Finn."
  Finn slammed his phone down, luckily on his notebook so the sound didn't echo, and spun around.
      "What."
   Poe smirked, apparently satisfied with the response. "Hi." He bit his lip and looked Finn up and down again.
      "Oh my god," Finn sighed throwing his head into his hands, defeated.
     "Awww, babe I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get you pissed at me." Poe reached out to stroke Finn arm, which was immediately jerked away. He took a deep breath and looked over at the weird boy next to him.
      Brown curly hair, a surprisingly attractive face with a strong jawline and a bright orange jacket that somehow worked with his look. Nothing like Finns old beat-up leather jacket he had had for years. Finn suddenly started to feel very hot as he looked at Poe, whose eyes hadn't left Finn's face for the last few minutes while Finn had been checking him out.
       He pulled his arm out of the first sleeve and started to reach for the other, but was startled by a yell.
      "Woah! At least let me take you out to dinner first!"
Embarrassment coverd Finn's face, only causing the boy beside him to swoon again.
    "I- I wasn't-" Finn began stuttering nonsensically. "Who are you?" He said finally. "I never even meet you before!"
Poe smiled.  He sat with his legs just far enough apart to not be obnoxious and leaned toward the target of his affections. He extended his hand and spoke.
      "Hi. I'm Poe Dameron," Finn tentatively shook his hand. "But you can call me anytime."
       Poe slipped a piece of paper to Finn in a sly motion as he pulled his hand back. He then turned and dutifully faced forward, no longer paying any mind to the beautiful boy sat beside himself.
       Finn unfolded the scrap of paper.
(310)890-2187 ;)
     The growing beads of sweat on Finn's neck proved that his body was nervous even if he tried to convince himself otherwise. It really wasn't that hot, even if the school was too poor for air conditioning.
"Hey," he called out to the boy. Poe stayed focused on the lecturer in the center of the class.
"Poe," he whispered loud enough for the girl to the left of him to notice. She smiled and snorted slightly, holding back a laugh, as she watched the scene unfold.
"Dude, come on what am I supposed to do with this?"
Still, no response. Finn didn't know what to do. Who did this stupid, arrogant, attractive boy think he was flirting with Finn and then ignoring him!
"I think you're supposed to call him," sassed the girl. "I'm Rey, by the way."
Finn smiled tightly and decided to ignore his problems 'til the end of class. Then he could run out to his car and speed home where he wouldn't have to deal with attractive Guatemalan guys flirting with him then ignoring him.
He pulled out his binder and started filling out worksheets he had received throughout the day until a crumpled paper was set on the corner of his desk. His heart picked up for a moment until he realized it was Rey who had set the paper there. He unfolded the sticky note and read it.
Why aren't you texting him??
Poe looked at Rey, who returned his confused raised eyebrow with a sharp challenging look. "Look Rey,-"
"Shhh," she silenced him, pointing at the sticky note she had handed him with her chewed-on pen.
He rolled his eyes, but clicked his pen and began writing.
I don't really don't know who you are but this is my first day here and I have better things to do than deal with flirting fuckboys thank you very much
He passed the note to Rey who skimmed over it before scribbling a response and passing it back.
Well obviously you're new here or else you would have known that that number you have belongs to none other than the star of the soccer team and beloved school eye candy. Also part-time engineering nerd in Science Olympia (join the dark side we need members)
     Finn tried to hide his surprise as he read the note. He wanted to believe this guy could really like him but, c'mon, a jock who gives you his number after knowing him for 10 minutes almost has to be a total ass. He frowned dejectedly and wrote.
Yeah well I'm not really in the market for jocks at the moment
     He passed the note and looked back over at Poe, who sat writing something on a small agenda each student had been given during 1st period.
What?! Poe?? A jock?? Okay, so I may have exaggerated his role in the soccer team. And Poe is no fuckboy. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't get a boyfriend cus his pick up lines suck so much. You're the first guy that he's ever even gotten this far with.
      Poe felt his face pull strange expressions as he read Rey's response.
     She passed over another sticky note before he finished the first.
Trust me, just text him.
The bell rang, sparing Finn the responsibility of replying, as he sprinted to the student lot and crawled in his car. He waited for two other kids, Rose and Hux, who climbed in the back, before he pulled out of the lot just as a line started to form at the exit, blasting whatever played on the radio as he drove back to his current group home. The two freshmen gossiped in the back about their first day in high school while he contemplated the last few hours.
Maybe it wouldn't hurt to send just one message. After all, Finn reasoned, I could use some friends to copy answers from. And he could probably help me with Spanish.
Soon enough he was pulling into the driveway, mind made up. He climbed the stairs of the shabby home and threw his bag on the twin-sized mattress he had been assigned. It took another 30 minutes after he decided he would text Poe before he actually got anything coherent typed on in his prepaid slide phone. After typing out and consequently deleting 16 variations of "Hey it's Finn, you know that kid you harassed from Spanish class", he decided to just press send on the least obnoxious version- "Hey it's Finn."
Almost immediately there was a response, which made Finn smile slightly.
Poe: Hey Finn!! What's up!
He typed away, with a small grin still on his face.
Not much, just doin hw. Hbu
Again, the response was immediate.
Poe: aw same man. Hey can you help me with some math?
Finn was actually pretty good at math; he had gotten a perfect 760 on the math section of the PSAT last year.
Uh, sure. What do you need?
Poe: Well, I'm just trying to figure out how to add you into my life ;)
Finn snorted. Rey was right, this kid's pick up lines needed serious work.
That's terrible. You're never gunna get a date.
Poe: :(((((((((
Poe: wait! I have a better one!
Poe: Are you google? Cus you have all the answers I'm looking for
Finn giggled quietly at that one.
     Okay. That one was pretty good
Poe: what can i say? I'm undeniably charming
     Umhmm. I'm sure.
Poe: well how bout we go out sometime and I'll prove it?
Finn considered for a moment. What did he have to lose?
Okay. Friday after school?
Poe: It's a date!
  Finn pulled his upper lip between his teeth as he smiled to himself. He went to put his phone away and actually start in his homework when it started buzzing.
Poe: JESS!!! HE SAID YES
Poe: SHIT WRONG CHAT
Poe: please ignore that last message I definitely wasn't gloating to my friend about a hot new boy who agreed to go out with me. I wouldn't do that because this is defiantly not my first date and I'm defiantly not a giant nerd.
Finn laughed out loud.
I'll keep that in mind :)
Maybe this new school wasn't gunna be as bad as he expected.

(Okay so for the shitty end but I was going on too long. I'll do a part two if it's requested)