57.

Snowflakes pass by as I chase after the deer. Not that I couldn't catch up with it. I could, I just don't want to.

I follow through the snow and then catch it.
"Why did you chase it here?", I hear Carissa ask.
"I don't know why, I didn't want to kill it right away", I say, lifting myself from the animal's body again.

Grayson has also reappeared and wipes the blood from his face. I watch him for a moment, then turn away quickly.
"Come on, let's look for more animals", Grayson says, whereupon Carissa eagerly nods.
They are both looking at me now.
I start to think.
"Sure", I say and run away with them.
It almost feels like it was back then.

After this rather unsuccessful hunt, we make our way back. The snowfall is getting stronger.
"There's a storm coming in", Grayson says. Quickly, we run to Denali's. Hopefully there was no problem while we were away.

As if I had summoned it, there is no light in the house.
"What's wrong?", Carissa asks as we enter the living room.
"We have a blackout", Carmen says.

Bella is sitting on the couch with Renesmee, wrapped in blankets to keep her warm.
We won't let her out of our sight. Nothing can happen to us, but she and the baby are in danger. The whistling of the wind is getting louder and sounds threatening.

With the help of Benjamin's gift, I light the pieces of wood in the old fireplace, which, it seems, has never been used.
After a while, Renesmee finally falls asleep.

We can't go anywhere else. Trapped.