7.

Volterra

Jane's Pov.

I'm standing next to Alec and I'm bored. Many bleak years have passed since the incident with the Cullen's. There hasn't been any rioting or fighting with other clans for a while. It's quiet all the time.
How much I hate that.

Alec taps on my shoulder,
"Already heard?, he asks,
"The little vampire from Alaska is living with the Cullen's now", he says.
"I already know that, Alec", I say, annoyed.

I hear Aro calling us and enter the hall. He stands in front of his throne and begins to speak,
"As you probably know, the Cullen clan has grown, so you'll pay them a visit", he says and sits down. We just nod and get on our way.

With the Cullen's

Amber's Pov.

We are in the living room. Ness and I are sitting at the piano.
I show her my favorite song. She looks at me enthusiastically while playing. Jacob, or as I prefer to call him 'dog', stands next to Bella and talks to her. I won't let him out of my sight.
I hate him.
This is certainly also based on reciprocity.
That's one of the reasons why I get along so well with Rosalie.

Carlisle, Esme, Rose and Jasper are sitting at the coffee table and play chess. Emmett's watching a football game. It is quiet.

Until Alice storms in. She looks quite upset. Jasper stands next to her,
"What did you see?", he asks.
"Aro ... he sends Jane and Alec here, it's because of Amber", they all look at me.
"Why me?", I ask.
"Because they want to know if you have a gift and if so, how powerful it is", Edward says, who has just read Carlisle's thoughts.
"And because you have a very powerful gift, Aro will want you to go with them and become one of his guards", Carlisle says.
I just shake my head,
"But I won't go with them, never!", I say louder, whereupon Esme maternally hugs me.
"Everything's gonna be alright", she says reassuringly. Alice and Jasper leave the room.

"Do we have to call our friends again?", Bella asks. Since she told me all about the 'fight' against the Volturi some years ago, I understand what she means by that.

"If they know what gift she has, the Volturi will try their everything to get her", Edward says. That probably means yes.

Alice's Pov.

I'm just looking for my current favorite dress. I discover it in the walk-in closet.
But suddenly I see something as I just want to reach for it.

I run into the living room to the others. Jasper comes to me,
"What did you see?", he asks.
"Aro ... he sends Jane and Alec here, it's because of Amber", I say.
"Why me?", she asks visibly shocked.

"Because they want to know if you have a gift and if so, how powerful it is", says Edward.
"And because you have a very powerful gift, Aro will want you to go with them and become one of his guards", Carlisle says.
"I won't go with them, never!", Amber says loudly and shakes her head, whereupon Esme hugs her.
"Everything's gonna be alright", she says. I go outside with Jasper.

"The Volturi will attack us again", I say to Jasper and Edward, since he reads my mind. I ask him to keep it to himself.

Amber's Pov.

"Can't we try to hide my gift?", I ask. "Maybe that works", says Bella.
Then let us test it !!!