45.

I look, leaning against the door of the car, into the dark night. Ren welcomes the dog smiling with a firm hug. In the background, only a few other members of the pack can be heard laughing and telling stories and legends. Deep in my thoughts, I don't notice Ren as she comes towards me.
"Come on, it'll be fun", she says. In any case, I know that won't be the case.
For a while I have to be her babysitter. I promised Bella and Edward, but it's getting on my nerves.

Before I can refuse, she pulls me to the others. I can't tear myself away, otherwise I would hurt her.
So I follow her to the big campfire.
The assembled pack members are instantly calm, some start to talk quietly. But I can hear exactly what they're saying. Some of them really thought that I'm Bella for a moment, but it's understandable. Because we almost look the same.

Silently is running music, New Rules by Dua Lipa.

Leah is the only one who welcomes me. Unfortunately, she still hasn't found her soulmate, but she seems to be fine.
Quietly, I stand around and talk to her while Ren, surrounded by the other dogs, sits by the fire.
Only one doesn't seem to like it.

"Are they always like this?", I ask, smiling.
"Well, usually when a girl is here", she says.
I want to say something more, but then feel Embry's gaze on me.
"Is he okay?", I ask Leah and take a quick look at him.
Since I've been in a relationship again, I haven't seen him.
"Well, nobody knows that exactly, he doesn't talk to anyone anymore", she says.
I think it would be better to go to him.
Only, is that really a good idea?
No idea.

And I do it.
Although he sees me coming, he stays there.
"Hey, are you suddenly silenced?", I ask.
He shakes his head,
"No, I'm not", he says, looking down at me.
I'm smiling for a moment.
"By the way, your eyes now don't look as creepy as they did at first", he starts to smile.
"Thanks", I say, remembering when he saw my eyes for the first time that what happened with Serena.

I thought this evening would be totally boring, probably wrong.
I talk to him for the rest of the evening.