2.

We are sitting on a big couch. They all look at me sympathetically.
Somehow that annoys me.
"And what are you going to do?", the brunette asks, who introduced herself as Carmen.
"I will go back to Washington next month", I say calmly. She looks at me worried,
"Where do you want to live when you're there?", she asks.
"I don't know", I say.
She just sighs.
Suddenly Kate gets up and goes to the kitchen with Tanya. I can hear what they're talking about.
It's about a family I could stay with. The Cullens.
Somehow the name tells me something. I met a Cullen once. In Italy. I used to live near Volterra.
After all, you have to visit the Volturi.

Carmen heard it and smiled. Kate is already in the process of dialing the phone number.

The call is over quickly. Tanya and Kate enter the living room smiling.
"You're flying to Washington next month, a couple of relatives are living in a small town called Forks, you can live with them", Kate says. I just nod.
Why are they helping me?
Why?

I get up and say goodbye, Kate holds me by the wrist,
"Wait, you can stay here for now", she says.
What?
Why?
"No thanks", I say with a smile.
"Then at least take this with you", she says and puts a big bag in my hand.

Arrived in the hut, I immediately see what's inside.
Clothes.
And it seems to be brand new. A few sweaters, pants and new shoes. Boots and Chucks, of every two pairs.
I'm really surprised.
Why are they doing this for me?
I turn around, grab one of my books and let myself fall on the old couch.

How will the Cullens be?