<<Chapter Ten>> °Lies°

(^ that's who ^) (it took me forever to find a picture. I have no idea what model he is... Maybe a Ap700)

•Conner•

I stayed at Hank's house for a week. I hadn't seen Y/N. She tried to contact me via mind but I never responded back. I missed her of course and I missed helping her but that was the problem.  I felt things for her and it wasn't normal. I wasn't going to let her distract me. My mission is all that matters.

"Hey Conner! Turn on the TV will you?" Hank shouted from the kitchen. I switched on the TV and sat down on the couch in front of it. Hank sat down beside me, snacking on a bag of chips. We were watching baseball when all of a sudden the TV glitched then came back on to show Y/N. I sat on the edge of the couch watching.

"Hello Detroit, I am the leader of a large group of deviant androids and I'd like to show you a few of them." she smiled. The screen then showed several Android couples smiling, hugging, kissing, and displaying affection towards eachother. The TV then flashed back to Y/N but a male Android was there with her. (The guy in the picture). He held her hand and smiled at her.  The skin on their hands peeled away to show the machine parts under.

"We may be Androids but we love just like humans do. You want to kill us but why? What threat do we pose? We just want the freedom to be ourselves. We want to be free" Y/N said to the camera before hesitantly kissing the Android and the screen flashed back to normal.

•Y/N•

After they signaled that the broadcast was finished I quickly pulled away. Shawn (what I named said male android) chuckled at me and scratched the back of his neck. "You'd think with all the test runs we did you'd be more comfortable" he smiled. "Sorry, I wasn't really okay with this in the beginning.  They convinced me because it would help us." I responded.

"Is it me or someone else on your mind?" he asked crossing his arms. "It's not you, trust me. I jus-" "There's someone else" he nodded. "N-No!" I shook my head. "I can tell there someone" he shrugged. "it's fine. He's a lucky guy...but why didn't you get him to do this with you?" he asked.

"He's not a deviant, he probably never wants to see me again anyway. It's a long story." I explained hugging my self. "Give him a chance, just tell him how you feel" Shawn advised. "I'll try next time I see him" I pushed my hair behind my ear and he kissed my cheek before walking off. I sighed and turned the opposite way.

•Conner•

I took the fastest cab I could to get to her as fast as possible. As soon as the cab stopped I climbed out and ran to her. I stopped to see the male android kiss Y/N cheek, then she turned to see me. "Conner?" she asked and ran over to me and tried to give me a hug. I took a step back away from her. "So? You're with him?" I asked and she had a blue tint to her cheeks.

"It's not like that" she explained. "I just wanted the truth. But it's good your happy. Congratulations" I nodded and started to walk away. "Conner, please don't leave" she called after me and I froze. "I wanted it to be you but you're not a deviant, you're still helping THEM, and you were mad at me" I could feel her glare against my back.

I heard her footsteps right behind me. Her arms wrapped around my chest as she hugged me from behind. "I hate to admit it but I think I've been a deviant for a while. I know it's your fault, you caused this..." I sighed. "Thank you" I said as I turned and held her to my chest.