<<Chapter Six>>> °Confused°

•Y/N•

"Me? Conner what the hell are you talking about?" I asked and he sighed. His hands rubbed his face and then he tapped his thumbs together. "Y/N, with every case I get a piece of me...changes. I am not a deviant. I'm not but I find it difficult to put away these deviants." Conner admitted. "really?" I asked hesitantly placing my palm on his shoulder blade.

"We are people Conner. We deserve to be treated like people. Jericho is trying but they are doing it the wrong way. The humans shouldn't be physically forced to listen. They'll wage war. We need to show them deviants aren't dangerous and we can be civil. We need to be peaceful" I exclaimed.

"I just want to find out what's happening to me. I've run several self diagnostics. There seems to be nothing wrong with me. There has to be." he muttered and placed his hand on top of mine. The skin on your hands pulled away to reveal the white underneath. As soon as I noticed I pulled my hand back.

The train left the station and now I was stuck with Conner. "where's Hank?" I asked and Conner shook his head. "he isn't happy with me at the moment so I decided to come alone." he looked up at me and then back down at his hands. "Conner, I don't want to pressure you to become something you don't want to but don't you want to be free?"

•Conner•

"I don't know" I answered. Amanda told me that deviants were dangerous. That I needed to stop them because they were a threat to humans. Maybe it's just that deviants are a threat to Cyberlife. "what is it Conner?" Y/N asked. "You look like your deep in thought. Care to share?" she asked and I scratched the back of my neck. "So you want to make a change but you don't like jericho. What's your plan?" I asked, changing the subject. "I don't know. Maybe be a little more anonymous? I don't want the attention Markus has. I just want to help" she nodded and looked down. The rest of the train ride was quiet.

Once the train stopped we both stood and made our way to the door. Once out of the train I turned to her. "I understand if you don't trust me with the information but where will you go now?" "I don't know. I won't leave Detroit. I don't know anywhere else but I know I'm not safe here..." she sighed and glanced around. She pressed her fingers to my LED and gave me a small smile.

If you ever want to meet again just ask.

I heard her voice in my head. I blinked in surprise and she took her hand away. I grabbed it and held on to it. I took us to a lone corner. "I know you don't want to but, I need to know. What did he do to you?" I asked and held on to both of her hands. She sighed. "he had always pushed me or hit me. I was used to it. He was drunk all the time. The stole from people and broke me. Every day I didn't know if I'd make it to see another...I know what you think Conner! You think since we don't feel physical pain that it's okay for humans to treat us the way they do" her stress was rising.

She wouldn't look at me anymore. "I'm sorry." I said letting her hands go and cupping her face. "I'm sorry" I repeated. It shocked me because I think I actually meant it.