<<Chapter Two>> °Caught°

•Y/N•

The first safe place I could think of was the alley. As soon as I got there I sat behind a dumpster and ran a hand through my hair. "I can do this" I told myself and took a deep breath. I looked outside the alley to see if someone was following me. No cops in sight either. Good. I stood up again and made my way to a thrift store. I needed to get rid of this uniform. I picked up a jacket, shirt, some jeans, and some boots. I walked up to the counter and paid.

The Android at the counter seemed oblivious. After I paid and changed in the restroom, I went back out side. I needed to get rid of this LED. I bent the clothes hanger and popped the LED off. On my way back to the alley I threw away the LED. I placed my hair in a newer style and changed the color. Now at least from far way I look human. I sighed and exited the alley.

It was getting dark and I needed a place to stay. The motel would be nice. I walked in to the motel lobby and brought a room. "have a nice day" the android smiled. I made my way to the room. Room number 275. I entered the room and looked around. For the first time I didn't have to clean, cook, or provide for anyone. "I'm free" I whispered. Words I had never spoken before.

•Conner•

"let's check the motel, the alleys, the thrift store and the bus station." Hank listed. I thought for a moment. "The deviant is less likely to get away if we split up." I suggested. "good idea. I'll start with the motel. You take the alleys." hank agreed and set off towards the motel.

I made my way to a few alleys and analyzed everything. I found an LED in a dumpster. It must have been the Android's. Suddenly I heard glass break above me and seen the deviant jump down. "it's her!" Hank yelled down at me from the now broken window. The deviant stared at me before shoving me against the alley wall and running. "Go Conner!" Hank shouted and I took off running after her. I didn't have a gun. There was nothing I could say to stop her from running, so I continued to follow her.

She ran out into the road and turned back to look at me. "what are you doing?" I asked from the sidewalk. She didn't answer. She was going to destroy herself rather then go to jail. I looked down the street and seen a truck coming. The driver wasn't slowing down. I quickly calculated the odds of her survival. 20% chances of survival. Not good enough.

I ran out into the street knocking her to the other side just in time. She then started to struggle. "stop resisting" I ordered. "Get off of me traitor!" she shouted and hank eventually caught up enough to cuff her. "let's get her to the interrogation room" Hank said placing her in the back of his car. "then maybe we can figure out this deviant business"