<<Chapter Eight>> °Distrust°

•Conner•

In the next few weeks I spent almost all of my time with her. I would help her find deviants and she would free them. She's constantly trying to convince me to join her but I can't. My mission is to find deviants. But for Cyberlife or for Y/N? I made my way into pirates cove and then to the building Y/N had them make.

"We have to do something! Helping these androids is great an all but what about those androids that haven't heard of us? The androids that need help but don't want to hurt anyone. They need us!" an android argued with Y/N. "I'm the only one here coming up with ideas to help our people. I am the one these people follow. If the humans find out about us now we become a target. Do you realize how many androids die everytime jericho decides to demonstrate? I don't want to kill off the people we do have." Y/N shot back and glared.

"Um Y/N?" I asked softly as I walked in. "oh! Conner...did you need something?" she asked. "No I just...Cyberlife has a new shipment coming in. I thought you might want to save them" I suggested and she thought for a moment. "jericho has been very hostile towards us...they seem to be taking credit for our work as well. I don't want to make them any angrier. Maybe alerting them of the shipment will convince them we are on the same side." she replied and smiled at me.

•Y/N•

I gave him a small smile. "Thank you. You've help me alot during this whole thing...but it's been brought to my attention that you aren't a deviant and are still loyal to Cyberlife. Conner I don't want to do this but you can't come back here. You could give away our hideout and the androids here they don't trust you." I signed and took his hand.

I took him outside and towards the entrance. I held his hand on the way there and he held mine back. "You've helped so many of us. You've risked a lot for us. For me. I can't do enough to thank you." I pushed my hair back with my free hand and looked up at him. I looked down at our hands. Skin off, the white underneath showing, and our fingers intertwined.

I noticed him looking at it two. "Conner, why can't you just stay with me? Become a deviant and they'll welcome you here. You can be the real you." I tried to convince him to fight back against his orders. "You know I can't do that. I'm not a deviant. My orders are to find deviants and understand them. To... Stop them." he hesitated in continuing his sentence.

"Conner please" I pleaded squeezing his hand. He shook my hand away and started to pace. "My mission. I've abandoned my mission. I'm a deviant." he rambled. "Conner?" I questioned and tried to stop his pacing. He pushed me off. "Conner!" I shouted and grabbed his face. He froze and stared at me. His LED flashing red. "this is your fault" he muttered.