Annoying

~Lance's POV~

We finally got Shiro back after losing him to Zarkon and this all has my thoughts running a million miles a minute. I paced my room, sighing softly. I ran my fingers through my hair and kicked the wall. Keith has been avoiding me but that's understandable. He's got a lot on his plate with his Blade of Mamora training and being the leader of Voltron but he could at least bear to talk to me, right?

I finally gave into my thoughts and walked out of my room, walking to Keith's room and sighing, knocking on the door.

"Come in." I walk in and look at him.

"Lance, what's up?" He asks.

"W-well, Keith... I've been thinking that ever since Shiro got back... you won't be piloting the black lion anymore and you'll want red back... and Allura, she's learning Blue faster then I ever did... s-so... um... I was just thinking that maybe, I'll be leaving Voltron... because you cant have six paladins but only five lions..."

"Lance..."

"I-I'm sorry." I say, fleeing the room. The guilt that was gripping at my heart hurt but I knew what I had to do... after all... I'm just the most annoying team member... so I won't be missed... If anything they'll be relieved that I'm gone. I pack everything into a bag and run out of my room, leaving no trace of my presence there.

"Oh, hey Lance." Says Pidge, looking up at me.

"H-hey Pidge."

"Whatcha doin'?"

"L-laundry!" I say, smiling softly. She shrugs.

"Okay." She says, then walking off. I let out a soft breath and walk to the pod bay, climbing into one that more than likely wouldn't be missed, much like myself. I set my stuff down and turn the pod on, the top materializing around me. I then flew off.

~Keith's POV~

It's been a couple hours since I last saw Lance and I was getting worried about what he said. I went to his room and opened it, seeing that it was clean. Spotless... none of Lance's belongings were there. I became frantic.

"Lance! Lance?!" I shout, running down the halls. Shiro popped his head out of his room.

"What's wrong?" He asks, running along side me.

"Lance is gone and none of his belongings are in his room." I say, running to the pod bay to find one was missing. I swore loudly and punched the doorway, bolting to the bridge.

"Keith what's wrong?" asks Allura, seeing the frantic look on my face.

"It's Lance, he's taken a pod, he's gone!" I shout. Everyone gathers around.

"WHAT??!!!" They all shout.

"Let's go find him." Shiro says.

~Several weeks later!~

It's been weeks since Lance left and I haven't been able to eat or sleep. I miss him. I've been taking more risks on missions and training more often. Shiro came up to me as I was gazing off into space, setting a hand on my shoulder.

"We found him..." Shiro says. I gasp, my eyes widening as I ran to Red after suiting up. I fly off, going to the coordinates of the pod, only to find that it was under attack by some Galran fighters. I fought them off before seeing that Lance was floating away from his pod's wreckage. I saw his wounds and rushed to him, having Red grab him before flying back to the castle. Once I landed Red in her hanger, I picked up Lance and carried him.

"Coran! I need a healing pod ready!" I shout, running to the healing pod room. Coran got the pod ready and I set Lance in it, watching as the pod closed, turning on. I sighed and took a deep breath.

"Dammit Lance, why?! Why didn't you tell me you were this depressed?! All you had to do was tell me... I know I've been busy but I always had time for you... I just wish that you would come to me..." I shout, sitting next to the pod as I rocked back and forth.

~~~~~~~~~

About a week later, Lance's pod opened and he looked at me.

"Why?" He asks softly, stepping out of the pod.

"Why did you save me?! Why did you ruin this for me?!" He shouts, getting into my face.

"I saved you because..."

"Because what??!!"

"Because I love you! Dammit, I love you! You know this... we've been going out for about a year now and I want you to know that even though I've been busy lately, it doesn't mean I don't have time for you, so even if I'm busy, you can sit me down and we can talk. Okay?" I ask, hugging my sobbing boyfriend as we sank to the ground and I rubbed his back.

"It'll be okay Lance... I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I did it! I hope you guys like my first Angsty Klance Oneshot! Requests are welcome!

Luv,
Erin Jaeger