Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Ren's POV

Normally I was all for going to parties and having a good time, but not when I was the host.

I had to go onstage at midnight and tell everyone to go home. Those who weren't drunk on alcohol were drunk on the music or the people.

Naturally, no one wanted to leave so they had to have a bit of encouragement.

Security started pushing people out and I watched from a far and waved.

I know that probably sounds like I was being stuck-up and rude, but if you would have seen the crowd of teenagers that showed up tonight, you would have done the same.

Even though we started getting everyone to leave at midnight, I wasn't off hostess duty until four a.m. I was getting called to all different parts of the castle as some of my guests tried to sneak back into the castle or we would catch a couple making out in the shady darkness of the trees.

Needless to say, I was not happy and would not be abliging to throwing anymore parties in the near future.

To add to all the fun, I had to have a very serious discussion with security about who they let roam the halls. If they let some teenager get through their grasps, then who knows what else they would let through.

A few royals that lived really far away, stayed at the castle for the night, then they were either flying back home the next day or were staying in the kingdom, but finding their own shelter for the next nights.

My father came back to the castle at six a.m. which just so happened to be the time I was going to be. He was a bit surprised to see me up so early until I told him I had never gone to bed.

He agreed that we were done with parties.

Lady Emma let me sleep until nine, but she couldn't let me sleep any later because I still had to attend my lessons for the day.

This week, my lessons were going to start concentrating on how to be queen, since the task was coming to me sooner than expected.

I heard a knock on the door and was surprised to see Lady Emma was the cause of it.

"You have nothing to worry about. I'm getting ready. I haven't gone back to sleep," I said with obvious distress in my voice.

"No, that's not why I came back, Your Highness. The royals that stayed here, at the castle, are requesting your company at breakfast this morning," she said.

"At what time," I asked exasperated.

"Right now. They are all already seated and when they noticed you were not there they requested your presence."

"Okay. Give me five minutes. I'm almost ready," I said, closing the door in her face.

I know it was a bit rude, but I'm tired and she'll get over it.

Since there wasn't time to get a maid in here to help me, I quickly slipped off the dress I was wearing and riffled through my closet for something more appropriate.

Finally settling for a dark red, off the shoulder dress, I slipped on my shoes, and walked out the door.

I hoped that I wouldn't offend anyone at this breakfast. When I didn't get my sleep, like any normal human being, I was cranky and irrational. I was going to have to pay close attention to what I was saying or else I would spit out whatever was on my mind.

I crossed by one of the huge windows in the hallway and noticed the weather was ugly. It was practically black outside, even though it was morning, and there was rain thundering down on the castle and the ground.