Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ren's POV

I felt like I was in the middle of The Bachlorette, except it was worse because I was the bachlorette.

Sure the princes standing in front of me were all gorgeous and potential husbands, but that wasn't the point! I felt like I was on show for everyone to judge and then would be sold for the highest bid. Of course, I knew that would never happen, but that's what it felt like.

I was really starting to regret wearing a dress with a sweetheart neckline and off the shoulder sleeves.

"Gentlemen," my dad's voice boomed from beside me. Dad was sitting on his throne and I stood right next to him with a placid face. The advisors and people that had came with the princes were waiting in the conference room while Dad and I addressed the princes.

"We're both so happy everyone was willing to come and stay in Kedudien for a while. I understand all of you are sacrificing much to stay here for such an extended amount of time, therefore, I thank you for your time."

Dad continued talking on about the palace and the country and some other unimportant things so I just tuned him out.

The rules and instructions for staying here had already been covered when everyone was in the conference room. We had to take extra precautions since they were all princes from different countries. We had to have more cameras and surveillance devices set up in case one of them decided to spy on us and perhaps start a war. There also had to be special locks put on the doors that contained crucial information that we didn't want other countries seeing.

Lots of preparation went into making sure that we wouldn't be starting another war anytime soon.

I focused back to what was going on in front of me and saw ten pairs of eyes staring at me, waiting.

I was confused for a moment until my father cleared his throat. I looked at him, still slightly dazed and saw him trying to hold back a smile.

"A walk, Renoford. Would you like to on a walk with each gentleman, individually?"

"Of course," I managed to get out while taking a look at each prince.

Beckham was the first one, standing there with a humored look. He clearly saw that I wasn't paying attention.

Azzedine was next to him, with a raised eyebrow and a dare I say, disgusted look gracing his face. He was obviously not impressed.

Beside him was Griffin who was staring at me with a slight frown. His blue eyes shown however with something more cheerful. He would be an interesting guy to get to know.

Fourth in line was Galloway, the ever playful, ever...light hearted fellow. He was smirking, of course, and mouthed something along the lines of 'nice try'. He was going to be fun to go on dates with.

Lastly, there was Declan, who wasn't even looking at me, but staring out of the reinforced bulletproof windows that overlooked our beautiful landscaping. He didn't look to be purposely ignoring me, but it still annoyed me that he wasn't paying attention to what was going on.

Not that I was one to talk.

****

"My favorite color is green. I have three younger sisters: Olive, Julie, and Cindra. I-," Beckham was listing off some of the stereotypical get-to-know-you responses as we walked around the enormous rose garden.

"Three younger sisters," I interupted. "Do you all get along?"

Chuckling, he looked up at the sky and sighed," Olive is pretty easy to get along with and she's the eldest of the three. She was much more difficult as a girl, but I think she's finally understanding what it takes to be a royal. Julie is next being ten years of age. She's basically the difficult child Olive used to be."