Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Ren's POV

I had decided late last night that my first act as queen was that I was going to go get me a husband. And not just any husband, but the man I was in love with. You see, as much as I tried to ignore the nagging in the back of my mind that kept telling me to go after Beckham, I couldn't. The pull was too strong so here I was.

My decision included packing a weekend bag, putting Jerrold in charge, and giving a lot of orders to my maids. 

"No, not that dress. The floral one that extenuates my waist," I instructed, as I continued to speed walk to my Dad's room. 

"Would you prefer these red heels or these purple heels Your Majesty?" A maid asked as she was nearly jogging beside me trying to keep up with my long strides. 

"Pack them both."

She turned to rush back to my room (which was a mess since I was in the process of moving into the queen suite), but I stopped her when another thought struck me.

"Can you also make sure to pack one pair of pants just in case?"

"Of course Your Majesty," she curtsied before scurrying away. 

I continued rushing to my dad's room before bursting through his doors and going to his bedside.

"Daddy, I can't stay for long, but I just wanted you to know that I'm going to Troaith to...I guess it would be considered proposing to King Beckham. Propose. Wow. But that's what I'm going to do except I have no idea if he'll say yes..." I trailed off, squeezing my dad's hand.

My dad weakly smiled, letting me know he heard me even though he was too weak to verbally respond. 

"I love you very much and I will be back in two days," I smiled, leaning down and kissing his forehead. "Wish me luck!"

I earned some form of a wink from him and then ran out again.

When I got back to my quarters, Gail was watching all the workers bustle around my room in a frenzy while her mouth hung open wider than the gulf. When she saw me walk in, she immediately started questioning me.

"What is going on Ren? Why are all these people in here?"

"I'm going to Troaith for a couple of days and hopefully I'll come back engaged," I said in a rush.

My mind was being pulled in a million different directions yet one direction pulled a little harder; the one that led to Beckham.

"You're-You mean..." Gail stumbled over her words then started jumping and squealing. "I'm so happy you decided to do this!"

"Me too, but I have to make sure the kingdom is not going to come crashing down in a couple of days which is why I'm so frazzled," I admitted, looking around the room.

"Ren, that's why I'm here. To make your life easier. Whatever you need me to do let me know," she confidently said, giving my hand a squeeze of reassurance. 

"Thanks Gail...If you don't mind, I would be happy to have you keep an eye on the move. I have a couple of interior designers coming to alter the queen suite a bit and I think you know how I would like it. Daiton over there is the butler I put in charge of the move, but if you don't mind making sure that everything is put in the proper spots and the designers are making everything look okay. I have Jerrold in temporary control of the kingdom, Alta has the staff under her thumb, and I have three different phones in case of an emergency," I laughed even though I felt like vomiting.

"Yes. I will absolutely be in charge of that. You just worry about not making a fool of yourself in front of Beckham," she laughed, while giving me a tight hug.