Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Beckham's POV

"You're staring again, Beck," Olive muttered to me with a smirk.

I snapped my head back to the ping-pong table in front of me and tried to block out the obnoxious laughter behind me. Galloway was a funny guy, but not that funny. And what was up with all of her shy looks at Griffin. Remy was not shy so why was she pretending to be so now...

"I still get jealous..."

I shoot Olive a dark look even as she cracks up with laughter.

"I couldn't help myself. The moment was just too perfect," she choked out between laughs.

"Yeah. Keep laughing. I'm jealous nobody and no one. I just couldn't concentrate on the game because it's so loud. You know I hate losing," I defensively told her, spinning the ping-pong paddle in my right hand.

Another round of laughs sounded behind me and I almost lost it. I mean this arcade was awesome and all, but there was no way she was having that much fun. I slowly peeked back over my shoulder and saw Remy and Griffin teamed up against Galloway on the foosball table. 

"Ohhhh!" I heard Galloway exclaim as he pumped his fists in the air. "Even with two people against me and I still won. Je vais bien!"

"Arghh," Remy exclaimed, twirling the bar she was in charge of, that sent her little plastic men wherever she wanted them to go.

"Better luck next time Princess," Galloway smirked, trying to pinch Remy's cheeks even as she swatted him away.

Galloway was flirting with her, but I couldn't tell if that was because he flirted with nearly every female in his vicinity or if it was because he actually liked her. I wouldn't blame him if he did.

"Ren don't you have somewhere to be?" I interrupted, giving her a raised eyebrow.

I had no idea if she really needed to be somewhere, but judging by how her days had been scheduled previously, she probably did.

"Oh yeah. I have a meeting that I'm already late for. Thanks for today guys."

She smiled at each of us, but seemed to linger a little longer on Griffin. What had he done except help her lose a game of foosball?

"We should go see Beckham. I'm sure he's back from his excursion by now," I told Olive.

"Alright. I'll let you slide on it today, but you never know what tomorrow holds," she winked, making her way out of the arcade behind Remy and Griffin.

"Jealously really doesn't look good on you man," Galloway chuckled as he passed by me.

Jealousy...It had a strange way of making one fall even harder.

****

"Isaac where have you...What are you doing?"

I was in Isaac's suite, standing in his living area as he sat on the couch with a goofy smile on his face. I had never seen him like this so I had no idea what was going on.

"I think...I might be falling in love."

"What are you talking about?" My mind was instantly filled with ice and frozen to one thought. Ren.

"Do you remember Ren's friend Gail? I went and saw her today and-"

"You went and saw Gail?"

The frozen gears in my mind melted as I realized he was talking about Gail and not the princess. I wasn't even sure why I cared either way. It was probably because I knew Remy wanted to marry a prince and Isaac was not that. Not that it would matter in our cases anyway. I was a prince, but could anything ever happen with us?