Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Ren's POV

I smiled as I watched Olympie and Azzedine make their marriage vows. Even though I kind of felt bad for the both of them, they both had smiles on their faces which made it a little easier to watch. And despite whether they were fake or real, they were contagious. Gail and I both looked at smiled even wider. This was something we loved to do. Even as children, we loved going to weddings and seeing how beautiful every thing was.

Princess Olympie looked magnificent in her dark scarlet red wedding dress. The plunging neckline and the fullness of the gown was breathtaking. Every eye was on her, including mine. I might've even taken a few mental notes for my own wedding dress.

"Do you, Azzedine Markus Schatz, take Olympie Arlene Thanh to be your wife?"

"I do," he confidently spoke, not a trace of nerves or doubt in his voice. Whether that was due to his normally arrogant personality or he really was sure about this I didn't know.

Olympie's vows were not quite so confident, but I would almost be surprised if they were especially considering what happened last night.

They finished their wedding vows and then the rest of the wedding ceremony followed.

"Prince Azzedine, you may kiss the bride."

Surprisingly, he had what looked be a genuine smile on his face right before he kissed Olympie. Even Princess Olympie looked almost sincerely happy.

Gail and I both sighed in admiration and longing. We were both a suckers for cheesy romance movies and most of all, weddings!

The (mostly) happy couple walked out of the ceremonial room, hand in hand, and made for the outdoors to take pictures.

The rest of us hung around until we were all directed to go into the ballroom where the real fun would begin.

The ballroom and been transformed into a wedding reception area with circular tables outlying the dance floor as well as a live orchestra on stage. The decorations were a perfect balance of both kingdoms colors as well as one part that blended them together. Props to the wedding planner for figuring that one out.

Gail and I had barely been seated when she started questioning me about last night's Olympie's bachelorette party last night.

When I sighed she immediately replied, "You agreed to tell me everything since I wasn't invited and-"

"I know. I know. I just have to figure out where to start...How about with one of Princess Olympie's ex-boyfriends showing up?"

I laughed at Gail's stunned reaction and proceeded to tell her how it all happened, adding my own little twist to it all of course.

"So I'm sitting next to Evie-"

"Princess Evelyn? Did you tell her I said hi," she happily asked.

"Yes. I told her you said hello. Anyway, I'm sitting next to Evie and this guard walks in and we don't think anything of it right? So he walks right up to Olympie and starts confessing his undying love for her. And to make matters worse he starts talking about all the great nights they had together. Why aren't you-"

"Ladies, what a pleasant surprise. It seems we have the great honor of sitting next to you two ," Prince Beckham smiled from the other side of the table.

"We," I politely asked, already knowing the answer.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but Remy, would you like to dance," a very distracted Isaac quickly asked me and for some reason, the look on his face compelled me to say yes.