Darkness Awaits

(F/N) walked into the pub with Evie, (F/N) looked around at all the strange people, "Why do we have to be here again?" Evie looked at (F/N), "Mr. Dickens asked for a favor."

(F/N) nodded his head, he looked spotted Mr. Dickens he was talking to man. As (F/N) and Evie approached the man turned and pointed to (F/N) and Evie, "The aura of death surrounds thee both...GET THEE BEHIND ME!" The man quickly ran out of the pub, scared out of his mind.

(F/N) leaned down to Evie and whispered, "That's not a good sign," Evie shook her head, "No it's not."

"Ahh Miss Frye, this must be your friend Mr. (L/N)," Mr. Dickens held out his hand which (F/N) took. Evie smiled at Mr. Dickens, "Mr. Dickens, it's good to see you again." Mr. Dicken's bowed slightly to (F/N) and introduced himself, "I'm Charles Dickens, I am the leader of the ghost club. Tell me Mr. (L/N). Do you believe in ghosts?" Evie smiled at (F/N)'s dumbfounded expression, "Of course. My mother told me many stories when I was a child, they still scare me a bit today." Mr. Dickens smiled, "Well how would you both like to help catch a spirit?"

(F/N) looked at Evie his eyes wide like a child, this was shaping up to be a pretty interesting night so far. Evie returned (F/N)'s expression, she enthusiastically said "we would be delighted to."

Mr. Dicken's smile grew larger, "Excellent, now there's been a series of disturbing reports in Lambeth. People claim they've been attacked by an age old demon. Spring Heeled Jack. The fiend is on the prowl now as we speak." Evie smiled at (F/N), he gave her a knowing look, "Mr. Dickens we'll have this figured out in no time."

Mr. Dicken's sat down and took his pint of the table he was standing by, "God speed." The pair of assassins took off.

---------------------------------

(F/N) stood on the rooftop of a burrow, he was trying his best to look through the fog but to no avail. "I can't see a thing," (F/N) said, he looked at Evie hoping she was having better luck, but by the look on her face she wasn't. (F/N) laughed aloud, "This is one hell of a date night," Evie smiled but shook her head. (F/N) looked back to the streets, suddenly a scream erupted from below. (F/N) looked at Evie, he smiled to himself, "Finally some action."

(F/N) climbed down to the streets, Evie beside him, the two found a crowd of people standing and staring at something. (F/N) pushed his way through the crowd and saw what they were looking at, it was a woman, she was completely grey. Evie took off one of her own gloves and placed the back of her hand on the woman's forehead. "She's ice cold," Evie said putting the glove back on her hand, being mindful of the ring that was now on her finger.

(F/N) looked around, this just happened whoever did this must still be nearby, suddenly a creepy cackle echoed throughout the alleyway. (F/N) turned to the source and saw him, a man dressed in a black cloak he was wearing a devil mask, (F/N) quickly elbowed his way through the crowd. Evie looked at (F/N) then saw who he was running to, she followed the man close behind. (F/N) ran to the man but he was already running, he was impossibly fast. But the thing that creeped (F/N) out the most was the mans laughter.

This was all a big joke to him, that woman's life it meant nothing. The man rounded a corner, (F/N) rounded it to and suddenly he was gone, Spring Heeled Jack had vanished into thin air. (F/N) looked around, there was no where for him to hide, where had he gone?

Evie caught up to (F/N) looking around as well, "Where'd he go?" Evie asked. (F/N) shook his head, "He vanished," Evie looked at her fiancé, "That's impossible." Suddenly a loud cackle erupted through the alleyway the two were in, "You don't even know the meaning of possible, Spring Heeled Jack is the impossible." Suddenly, the man jumped out of the darkness, he pushed (F/N) away and turned to Evie, "My my what a beautiful woman, what a lovely bride you'll make." Evie struck a fighting stance and charged Jack, she never landed a hit Jack was to fast, he dodged or blocked each hit. (F/N) stood up and shook his head, he ejected his hidden blade and ran up to Jack. Jack never saw it coming (F/N) stabbed Jack right in the center of the chest, with a triumphant smirk, (F/N) said "Not so scary now are you Jack?"