Part 9

"Ugh," was the only sound (F/N) made as he hit the ground knee's first. "God that stings allot, why do so many people do that?" (F/N) thought to himself, he had landed in an alleyway. It was the middle of the night, he was right across from the gates at Lambeth Asylum, "Time to go to work," (F/N) said sadly, he didn't want to do this, (F/N) walked over to the gates and saw Jacob talking to an old man.

"And Good Luck to you Mr. Frye," the old man said, that was all (F/N) heard, before the old man began to leave.

"Who was that?" (F/N) asked as he walked up to Jacob, Jacob ignored (F/N)'s question, "Where's Evie?, I asked fo her help." (F/N) got a confused look on his face, "But she said you asked for me," realazation dawned on both men.

"She's trying to make you not hate me," Jacob frowned and replied "I don't hate you, I just can't be friends with you." Jacob began walking to the gates of the asylum, "What does that mean?" (F/N) asked following his friend. Jacob turned and shot (F/N) a sullen look, (F/N) didn't even wince, after having Evie shoot him looks like that for years he had outgrown his fear.

"It means I can't trust you after what you did, you kept your...... relationship with my .........sister a secret for how long?" (F/N) got nervous, and started sweeting, "Not very long, a little while after we helped you cheat at cards for the first time."

Jacob glared at (F/N), "That was three years ago," (F/N) chose not to continue that particular conversation topic, "so why are we here?"

Jacon kept the hostile tone in his voice as he replied, "Doctor John Ellitson, one of Starricks men, he's been running the equivalent of poison through the street and calling it medicine" (F/N) nodded, "Soothing Syrup?" Jacob rolled his eyes, "Soothing Syrup."

The pair of men hopped the fence with ease, and they started walking to the asylum, unfortunatley (F/N) still had questions, "What did you mean when you said you can't trust me?" Jacob sighed, "I should apologize to Evie I know what she feels like now."

(F/N) waited for an answer, Jacob began to explain, "You stabbed me in the back, there was a time I would have taken a knife for you, now I can't say that." (F/N) realized how his friend felt, he was going to reply but he saw that they had already made it to the asylum. "Lets head to the roof" (F/N) suggested, Jacob nodded and the pair both used there grappling hooks to get to the roof.

When the pair made it to the roof, (F/N) looked and found Ellitson proforming a demonstration, he was putting something in a mans head. The man on the operating table was squirming then stopped suddenly, "Did he just murder that guy in front of those people?" (F/N) asked, "I think he did" Jacob replied.

"So how are we going to do this?" (F/N) asked, "I was thinking we smash through the windows and finish him" Jacob suggested. (F/N) shook his head, "Reinforced glass," Jacob gave a quiet "Damn it!"

Then (F/N) saw it, an in, Ellitson made his way to an intercom, convieniently (F/N) learned how to read lips. "Jacob, I have an idea," Jacon gave (F/N) a curious look.

"Ellitson requested another body, if you take the corpses place, and I take the assistants place we could get close to Ellitson."

Jacob thought the plan over, "Fine" (F/N) smilled, the two were finally getting somewhere, "Lets go find a window."

-----------------------------

(F/N) put on an appron, Jacob layed down on the cart, "Remember don't move to much, there are allot of Blighters up there," Jacob nodded, (F/N) pulled a sheet over his body. "(F/N)?" Jacob asked, "yeah" (F/N) replied, "if Ellitson so much as lays a hand on my face I will make sure you won't be able to recognize your's." (F/N) started to wheel the cart through the halls, "Good to know he' starting to trust me again" (F/N) thought to himself.

(F/N) then put on his poker face, when he began walking past the Blighters, none of them appeared to notice (F/N) was sweeting. Finally, after an eternity the assassins made it to the demonstration room, "It's about time, wheel him over to me," Ellitson said with annoyance in his voice.

Fortunatley, for the assassins Ellitson never saw it coming, Jacob never missed his mark when it came to assassinations. His hidden blades sank right in to Ellitsons throat, "I'm sorry but class has been dismissed" (F/N) yelled to the panicking audience who were already dashing for the exits. "Jacob are you done yet?" Jacob didn't reply but he stood up and faced (F/N) he had a weird look in his eyes, "Jacob, JACOB!"

Jacob shook his head, snapping out of his trance, "Sorry about that shall we go?" (F/N) nodded the blighters were already heading to the room. The pair practically hacked there way to the door, every time a Blighter appeared (F/N) would slash them with his knife until they died, Jacob would just beat them to death. After what seemed like an hour of blood and ciolence the pair made it to the exit, "You did good" (F/N) said out of breath and covered in blood, Jacob shrugged and kept walking.

(F/N) was about to yell at Jacob, when he saw her a female blighter standing right behind Jacob, the moon light shinned of her revolver. (F/N)'s eyes grew wide and he ran, not at the woman but at Jacob, "Noooooooo" Jacob spun around in suprise only to see (F/N) jump in front of him. The revolver went off, (F/N) landed on the ground, the female blighter looked scared as Jacob charged her, she was dead before she could fire another shot.

Jacob stood over the Blighter and said, "I take the blade you take the bullet, I guess thats how our friendship works right?" Jacob waited for (F/N) to reply but all he heard was silence, "(N/N)?" Jacob turned around and saw (F/N) clutching his stomach. "(F/N)!!!" Jacob yelled, he ran to his bleeding friend, (F/N) opened his eyes, "Im sorry Hats" and his eyes rolled up into his head.

Jacob grabbed (F/N) and hung him onver his back, "Hang in there i'll get you help" and Jacob started running, unfortunatley he had a long way to go.