Shards of the heart

• Dedicated to My Famous 5 (Vin, Chlo, Trin

Sun. Living here over the years it had become fairly constant, and after a while the novelty of the heat wore off really, especially so when you were working day in day out at the Australian Sanctuary in Canberra. When she first arrived here Elder Rider had been quite astonished with the climate and how people could possibly work in this heat.
She had in fact never quite got over that novelty.
Therefore it was wholly understandable why she was rather pleased about the whole situation and after being nominated to collect and hospilitate the Irish members of the committee, Storm literally set off a few hours prior just to avoid her fellow colleges and the intense heat of the office.

To make things even better she had also inherited her own pair of 'bodyguards' on the way over which had been keeping her fully entertained for the last few hours.
The three of them now sat calmly in a closely monitored coffee shop (which was apparently good for security as you could easily defend it) a tall, well dressed Englishman on her left and a well build but short Irishman on her right the two conversing stories and relaying them to her between them. Maybe a little bit like a tennis match.

"...and so Donegan ran away."
"I was exercising my legs so the werewolf could clearly see my athletic ability."
"You were screaming."
"It was a war cry..."
"You were also crying..."
"Tears of joy!"
"What?"
"It had your head in its mouth."
"Oh, okay... Good to know you're not a wimp."
"There you are highly mistaken my good man."
"Ah."

A whirring of a jet passed the nearby window significantly, provoking Storm to rise and leave the two until they finally realised the lack of her presence; following her into the main atrium as the passengers began to file in through a pair of automatic double doors.

The group was lead by a hulking figure, tall and muscular his head cleanly shaven and his hand with the woman next to him, a equally muscular blonde, her body wrapped in a taught leather corset despite the heat.
Behind them the exact opposite. A well dressed yet skinny looking man accompanied by a girl in a black sweatshirt, her dark hair twisted into a bun on her head with a pair of Ted Baker's fringed on her nose.
The four advanced towards the trio on sight, the younger girl wrapping herself in a hug with the two men, kissing their cheeks briskly much to their surprise.

"Elder Rider." Storm remarked, her hand outstretched towards her fellow Elder smiling politely and her hand moved with his, in a keen gesture of hospitality.

The skinny man turned, his hat relieved from his head in one sharp motion.
"Oh God where are they?"

An intrigued look crossed the Monster Hunter's faces, crossing eye conversation with a singular glance.

At that moment a couple strolled through the doors, a girl of around 5ft 6 with tousled brunette hair and a blond six pack wielding the majority of her luggage as she stopped to sling the backpack over her shoulder.

"Hey!" Dexter Vex wrapped his thickly toned arm around his newly acquired girlfriend and beamed brightly, advancing towards the group. The girl smiled weakly, relaying a reassuring glance towards her man as they walked into the midst of the group.

Gracious gave a low whistle, a small smile brimming on his features before quickly snuffed by an onlooking Tanith to whom grasped Ghastly's middle.

"Sorry Dexter left his watch on the plane." Skulduggery nodded on her excuse and proceeded in watching the corners of the airport, a particular girl catching his eye provoking a casual head tilt.

"Dexter?" Donegan queried, a slight grin still displayed.

"Oh! Guys this is Bliv Armageddon..." Bliv was sure he was going to say something else at that moment but he quickly retired.