Shadow, Void and Flower

-Solomon

Valkyrie paused, "So, this prophecy?" I clasped my hands together over the parchment, "Ummhm?"
"What's it about? Okay, so I know about the whole deal with the Faceless Ones stuff and everything... But...But what's with this? What's this got to do with anything? There wasn't anything before, when it happened last time.."
I looked down at the parchment in front of me and then back up at Valkyrie.
"Well, I better tell you everything then..." I sighed deeply and rubbed cramp from my neck, "Around a month ago I got a phone call from China Sorrows concerning the matter of a missing piece of testament that she had recently found missing from a document in her archives. This testament she said was very old and contained some necromancer references and she was wondering if anyone from our community had been seen with this document as it was of great value to her. I obviously told her no and out of the question inquired what it involved, she told me briefly about how the artefact contained an ancient prophecy concerning three young sorcerers of three separate abilities. She, in this case was missing the part of the testament that concerned the Necromancer piece as all three pieces were separated for safety around ten years ago. I asked what relevance this has to her and she didn't immediately reply but went on saying about how they were very ancient and valuable to her and how they would soon come to play in recent events.
After that call, three weeks later I received a message from the Grand Mage mentioning, rather casually, that the portal to the world of the faceless was to; once again be reopened."
Valkyrie lightly chuckled, "That is so typical Erskine..."
"And so anyway cutting a very long and stressful story short, we have this. This my dear Valkyrie is one of three testaments ever made concerning a very ancient prophecy, concerning an Adept, Elemental and Necromancer."
Valkyrie's face suddenly turned interested, "Why? What does it say?"
I moved the lamp over the parchment and traced my finger over the parchment, "The text is written in Gaelic, give me a moment and I'll translate it for you," I sighed deeply and began to recite, "The darkness shall choose one of three paths and a part of the triangle shall be lost..."
I returned my gaze to her clouded stare.
"As I mentioned earlier there are two other pieces so without them we only have a vague idea of what they mean... The others are found in China's library, although she doesn't who I have this..."

I casually held up the parchment between two fingers and eyed it in the lamp light, "A missing piece of the puzzle... well, temporarily missing... until the Grand Mage realises it's gone from his archives." I smiled wistfully at Valkyrie's gawping look.
"You stole from the Grand Mage?!" he mouth was still lolling open, rather cod-fish like.
"Yes, yes I did... well, Trin did... but I directed the," I made two sets of speech marks with my fingers, "robbery..." she still didn't look impressed and sighed deeply at the ceiling. "Look! It's fine okay... when we're done with the stupid thing I'll give it back... just not until,"

Just then the door opened and Valkyrie turned in her seat, provoking it to creak slightly. Trinity stood in the doorway, her long, black jacket draped over her shoulder and her arms pulsing with black tendrils.
"Solomon... it's freaking eating my arm..." Trin had an angry look on her face and I quickly decided now was not the time to tell her to stop being so childish.
"Drop your jacket and come her..." I stood and signalled her to come forward and Valkyrie stood as Trin came to the desk and laid her arm underneath the lamp light.
Cain pulled a face of disturbance and leaned in closer to look at the pulsing blackness diffuse up Trin's arm like ink in water, "Is that meant to happen?"
She looked up.
Trin focused on my gaze, "Yeah Solomon, is that meant to happen?"
I sighed in annoyance, "Sit Trinity. Valkyrie rummage around in her coat and find me the pocket knife I handed out earlier."
Valkyrie pushed her chair out of the way and went to the door where she carefully picked up the coat and searched through it until she found the acquired weapon and gingerly handed it back to me.
I reached across the desk, "Thank you."
I looked Trinity in the eyes, slowly placing the knife on her forearm. "This won't hurt, I promise..."
"Okay." She said, a twitch of a smile at the corner of her lips.
My gaze not wavering, I quick slid the blade across her skin causing her to jump slightly.
"Ow." She mumbled rather ironically.
I returned her smile and looked down at the cut, watching the blood ooze from the wound. "Just as I thought..."
"Oh my gosh..." Valkyrie gawped, "Trin! Your blood is black!"
I carefully used the blunt end of the knife to collect the darkened blood from Trinity's arm and swiftly dipped a droplet of the substance onto the parchment.
"Solomon... Why is my blood black?!"
"Always a one for questions aren't we Shadow?"
She glared.
"Your blood is black because the symbol activated a particular gene in it that causes a form of defence mechanism in your body that protects you temporarily from harm, you'll now notice that your wound is gone..."
The two girls both looked down at the healed cut which was now invisible to the human eye. "Oh my god." Trin mumbled, "Oh my god..."

I chuckled lightly, "Yes, quite.. When you were younger, around sixteen I think, we visited a German temple near Berlin when we were staying there, anyway, I met a Necromancer much like myself who studied the modern adaptions of necromancy along side the traditional scheme. He had been doing some research on symbols and discovered a sigil that would act in a certain way depending on your blood type and ancestry background. Well, we discovered after much research; that you my dear have very old and very special blood indeed, which partly explains the reasons for the vampire attack ten years ago, it also explains quite a bit about this testament in-front of me."

The two girls quickly glanced down at the paper and if in synchronisation stared, mouths gawping open in shock as the blood from the fresh wound seeped up the page in a wave of spirals, intricate flowers and long, dark shadows.
The dark text morphed and glowed to create a new message, this time longer and in English.
"My god." Valkyrie murmured from under her breath as the text set and continued to glow under the shade of the lamp.

I carefully traced my finger along the lines of text, swallowing deeply.

"On the rise of the New Moon the Cradle shall fall and all that is dear shall be taken. Armageddon will throng and a new beginning will draw nigh.

The beautiful flower will blossom and spread her deadly poison, sedating the world into a dark coma from whence one shall not return.

The darkness will choose one of three paths and a part of the triangle will be lost."

I stopped briefly before reading on, "Things are now apparent..." I looked up solemnly at Trin, "if your blood was able to access this secret part of the prophecy... Then that must mean you are the darkness mentioned in the text... You are one of the three Trinity..."

I eagerly looked back and returned to the document,

"On the rise of the New Moon, the Cradle shall fall and the bud shall blossom to a deadly flower that will strengthen the righteous and poison the bound trinity. The final shall face her destiny; the flames of her forefathers enveloping her as she takes her final stand of protection in the presence of the dark Gods. The portal will open once more for the sake of another, and will bleed darkness as the hope is drained with it."

I didn't look up. I couldn't bear facing her eyes. Those eyes that had make me smile, those eyes that had shouted at me countless times and forgiven and forgotten, those eyes that had grown along with the frightened cub unto the fierce lioness that my Trinity had now become... The eyes that had trusted me, until now.

I gripped the edge of the table and looked unto those deep, azure blue eyes; now brimming with tears.

"Trin..." I stopped.

"You don't have to say anything Solomon... You don't have to explain anything anymore... You have taught me well all these years and one day I will make it up to you, make up for everything I have learnt and the protection I have gained from your presence... But now, now I must conquer my own destiny...
I am the Trinity... Queen of the shadows...
and I will conquer my namesake...

********************
Good golden god that was long..
Hope it all made sense... (This is the part where u all go.. ER NO! And the sarcasm lovers go YEAH BLIV, YEAH SURE I UNDERSTOOD IT ALL!!)
If u don't get anything feel free to pm me :D

Okay, this chapter is dedicated to WritingAlways123 FOR HER AMAZING SUPPORT!!! ALSO SPREAD HER FAN FIC TOO!! It's really amazing :D

Night all!! My mother is giving me the death stare ._.
BLIV XXXXXX