Dust in their eyes

The man with the Golden Eyes softly hummed a wistful tune as he advanced down the long, dark corridor; a musty smell lingering like the evident dust in the air quickly blotted out by the sharp essence of his nutmeg aroma.
He veered to the right abruptly turning a corner and advancing up a badly lit flight of stairs; almost tripping on the hard stone as he made his way up. He approached the landing, his expression changing from one of humour to serious concentration as he swung the already ajar door open unto the proud library, ordained with with books of all shapes and forms imaginable.
Why Bliss had insisted on meeting here he was still unsure of, although he was certain that if the man tried any form of mutiny he would kill him on the spot, consequently adorning his
lovely little sister with a decorative number of pretty scars over her body as a warning to others; this of course was his usual punishment but he imagined there could be a variety of different ways that he could make it more, an easy smile formed on his lips, painful.

"You're early."
I turned nonchalantly, my glare infixed on his concentrated blue eyes.
"yes." I replied, a tone of boredom lingering on the edges of my voice.
He smirked lightly and stepped aside, making free a vacant room to his left.

He had found that over the years even though times had changed dramatically the library had been a substantial icon for the community, mainly because it was the one thing that HADN'T changed. The facade was still the same, the smell hadn't differed and as he sat in the chair opposite Mr Bliss he realised that the characters themselves hadn't changed; well not in the outside anyway.

He squared his shoulder breadth over the frame of the chair and sat at ease with his surroundings. He was of course the upper hand in itself of the situation.
Mr Bliss shifted in his chair, uncomfortable with the stance of the man to the fore of him,

"Low has the bomb. We had our operatives check eight hours ago. The plan is set." He paused slightly and his gaze infixed on the other, "But will it work?"

The blond man closed his eyes and smiled rather menacingly, "Are you doubting my authority sir?"

A notable bead of sweat tickled the fore of the other man's neck, a hidden look of strangled anxiety on his features.
"No, no Grand Mage I am not... I was merely stating..."

"People who doubt me Bliss get themselves hurt, they get their families hurt..."
The Grand Mage flicked his eyes open, a full view of his prey,
"You know what I am capable of Mr Bliss... I can make you disappear as easily as I made you appear... The plan will work, all eyes will focus on the Sanctuary and we will take over in the havoc... And we'll get rid of all... Obstacles." A broader smile formed and he leaned forward in his chair, his hands across the desk.
"With Pleasant and his friends gone including Elder Bespoke no one can stop us Bliss... No one will suspect anything. We'll swoop in as heroes and reclaim the Cradle's previous glory, just as planned."

"How will we persuade China?" His voice had become rasped and dry.

"She has no choice. She will either be dragged along or she shall simply be cast away. The girls are not needed anymore Bliss. Bliv will die with Pleasant and the others... And Vin, well Vin we have discussed."

Mr Bliss was whitening, it was all becoming real; all this time it was future prospects, he new this man was powerful but not... fifteen years ago he made a deal with Erskine Ravel, a deal he would come to regret. Regret with his life.

***
Saphie Sci sat in her cell. It wasn't a very big cell come to that and she was bored; inequivetly and undoubtedly bored. She had finished carving her new weapon from her previous belt, and was now using it to whip the cell wall, creating lashes on the solid metal.
"Bored!" She yelled, her toned voice echoing down the long corridor and ignored by the security guard, which she had formed quite a relationship with. It was rather one sided though and she knew it wouldn't last. What her looks did to her.

She had been lingering in these prisons for the last, what, ten months? And had only seemed to get by on low fat snack crackers (curtesy of her newly acquired jailhouse man friend) and visions of different ways that she would kill the man that put her in here. She had so far come up with at least 314. One involving a sharp corkscrew.

That was when the fore half of the prison exploded.

Her eyes stung with the instant light, and she heard a scream and several consistent bangs. Her new weapon was already brandished at her side, the belt wrapped tightly around her hand. Dust lay thickly in the air and she got low, getting beneath the cloud with ease.

"Sci!" Her ears adjusted to the new voice, the shrill siren overhead blocking the sharpness of it.

She found herself on her knees grasping around as the dust cleared.
Her hand came back wet.
The figure mumbled and shook, a dagger planted in his chest.
Her mouth opened to say something but the security guard put his finger lightly to her mouth and dropped something cold and heavy in her hand.

"Be free my beautiful swallow." His Russian voice coarsely made its way to my ear and he closed his eyes, exhaling one last breath.

Sad really.

She looked down at the object in her hands, a pencil case sized lump of metal.

Smiling, she raced through the smoke, clicking the button to the side of the metal and watched it emit a long, spiked mace of about four feet.
The mace glowed in her hands and she immediately halted, watching as the light of freedom was blotted by a singular figure.

He stepped forward, a menacing stance about him.

"Sapientia Sci..."

Billy Ray Sanguine stepped out of the light, his automatic pointing at her chest.

"I have you now."

**************

Hi guys!!!! Firstly.. I'm sorry..
Okay yes, I knw it's like 3:00 (is it three o'clock over there? I'm doing mental maths)
ON A SATURDAY (not a Friday) but IM IN SPAIN AND THERES ON WIFI AND..
(This is the point where u roll ur eyes and go: 'yes Bliv.. Shut up you idiot we already knw that, you've said it like a trillion times for golden gods sake...')
So yeah.. I'm sorry.. ._.

BUT I HOPE THE CHAPTER MADE UP FOR IT!!
It's all getting rather tense now (should be.. Hopefully)

Do chu like the new character? Tis based on a dear friend of mine ^-^
She's awesome.. Like most people in this book..
Cept Ravel.. Nope, he's not awesome at all..

HAVE FUN YOU AWESOME PEOPLE YOU!!!!!!!! at whatever ur doing.. ^-^
AND THANK U ALL SOOOOOO INCREDIBLY MUCH FOR GETTING ME TO 2.3K!!!
I CANT EVEN.. WOW.
THANK YOU XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX