Convenience

-Billy Ray

The Cradle of Magic they said. I sighed deeply and kicked a stone. I don't even know my motive in this scheme, it was a stupid plan; had no plot. I looked up, forlorn. I could smell coffee from the shop across the road. The time on my Blackberry read 9:48 am so I decided to waste my Irish money on some caffeine before I left. The shop was small, but warm. It was playing 'Smile' on the radio by Lily Allen, two men were huddled in a booth near the back and young woman in black sat by the window drinking a latte. I ordered my drink and sat on a sofa near the window. Sticking my sore feet on the coffee table I ran a hand through my hair, relaxing; I hadn't meditated in 23 hours and was exhausted. The song changed to 'American Pie' by Don McLean and I immediately felt a pang of homesickness, I hadn't been back to Texas for 3 months now, I missed the heat and the accents. I was bored of the Europeans.
I leaned forward for my Cappachino, and that was when I noticed the two men on the other side of the shop, Erskine Ravel and Ghastly Bespoke. "S***" I swore loudly and grabbed my razor from my trouser pocket, the two men turned from the booth and in unison retrieved their guns, aiming at my head.
"Move..." Ravel mumbled "And I shoot..." I smirked mockingly.
"Ya may wanna come up with a better stand up line than that..." He went red, and I sauntered over to the young girl by the window to whom now was standing, pressing the razor to her neck
"You two move, an' the girl dies..." The men summoned flames and the waitress screamed and dropped her tray of coffee everywhere, she slipped up and before she had time to call for help was unconscious.
"It's ok boys..." The girl under my razor said with a rich American accent "I got this one..." And flipped me over the coffee table and through the single glazed window, onto the street.
I wiped my mouth free of blood and stood up ruffling the glass from my hair. Movement could be seen from inside the shop, raised voices and a cry of pain. A malicious smile formed on my face as I glanced down at the blood dripping off my razor. My phone bleeped in my pocket, the vibration causing me to jump back a little.
Glancing down at the screen a smile out took my features and I took a moment to look at myself in the glass before burrowing down into the streets of Dublin.

-Aurora

I cursed loudly and gripped my throbbing thigh, blood licking the skin as the cut lay open on my leg. "God damn stupid Texan..." muttering loudly I sat on the edge of the upturned table and grasped my leg wincing a little. Bespoke ran forward, crouching at my feet; his face infixed in a worried expression
"Are you alright?" He trailed his hand gingerly down to my calf and grappled at the cuff of his sleeve, mopping up the blood. Erskine sauntered over, making sure the waitress was fully unconscious before speaking up, lifting the chair from it's side. "You came then."
"I was summoned, yes." I spoke slowly, a lump forming in my dried throat. My latte soaked into the wooden floorboards and left a stain on the furniture.
Ghastly gave a confused glance to Ravel but proceeded in mopping up the blood.
"What did he say? Bisahalani I mean..." His voice was monotone and ever so slightly shaking.
I sighed deeply, "I'm sorry Erskine... he needs proof... he refuses to help until a meeting is called for."
Ravel moaned in anguish and ran a hand through his blonde hair, placing his thumb and forefinger to the bridge of his nose.
"You might as well stay for now Aurora. We need to get that fixed and..." He trailed off, turning away from my gaze.
"Sir, not to question your authority but... The phrophecy... Are you sure it's correct? I mean... the Faceless Ones? I..." I closed my eyes, it had all become real. "Are you sure it isn't just a outdated Prophecy? it could be a lie?"
He turned, "I'm not sure Miss Jane. But what i'm certain of is that if the Faceless Ones do return... we need to be ready."

*****************
Heyz! I'm Soz I knw dat was awful I just needed a link-in chapter. Hope u guyz found it bearable :D
This chapter is dedicated to Izzy_Lee for her encouragement and for being an amazing friend!
Thnx! Bliv x