Disgarded

• Dedicated to my amazing readers x

The girl with the long blonde hair, dark shortcut denim play suit and rather fetching purple converses sat with her back to a plastic chair in a fast food restaurant in the corner of a bustled and humid airport. It was now 11:34 and she had become undoubtedly bored with her surroundings; and no wonder, it wasn't exactly a spectacle.

Zoė Hydrargyrum had of course arrived in the country hours previously, taking time to freshen up and arrive back at the airport with plenty of time for at least three cups of black, ground and tasteless coffee. She now sat a the fore of McDonald's watching as plane after plane flew into the bay at Los Angeles airport.

Her ear piece beeped frequently and she swiftly turned away a pair of wandering elderly, mortal eyes before raising her two fore fingers to the receiver.
"Ma'am?" The ear piece emitted a muffled screech provoking the girl to wince before a female voice overtook the shrill tone,
"Lieutenant Hydrargyrum do you copy?"
"Ma'am." She recovered quickly.
"I trust your flight was a safe one was it not?" General Blaze was always one for the safety of her operatives, she of course was one of the reasons Zoė had signed up all that time ago,
"Yes Ma'am, it was comfortable thank you. I located the hotel fine and am on schedule for the group to arrive presently."
"Good, good. From now on in you will do exactly as instructed... You understand?"
She hesitated, "I do Ma'am."

****
-Vin

My breath purred softly as I turned in my sheets, the soft beams of light trickling over my face and onto my pillow as my eyes focused on the new surroundings. I stretched my toes to the end of the bed and turned my neck, focusing on a cramp. I smiled softly, closing my eyes and turning my head unto the man beside me.
The empty mattress beside me.
My head fell as my heart did and my eyes flew open in a desperate grasp of hope.
He had gone, the room was empty and no sign lay from the happenings on last night.
My breathing had tortured and had now become frantic gasps as tears cascaded down my cheeks and along my neck.
I flew my bedcovers off, ignoring the instant cold and scoured the room, searching for any signs that maybe he had just gone out... And that maybe what had happened was real, and that my emotions weren't driven crazy enough to just imagine him last night.
It was so real. It couldn't have been my imagination.
Although your mind plays tricks in the dark. I would know.
My heart pounded heavily against my chest, blood in my ears and a stinging in my eyes.

That was when I saw the note, a vague, scribbled piece of ripped paper cast aside in my desk top.

I cautiously picked up the message, as if it was a bomb; something that would blow up my emotions and leave me with nothing.

'Vin,
First of all, I know. I know and I'm sorry. I also know on receiving this note you'll hate me. You have more than a perfect right to. Leaving you wasn't my choice, that's what I need you to know; if it was my choice I would be watching you wake in my arms this beautiful morning. But the world has called and I must take action, I'm sure one day you'll understand.
The reason I had to leave was because of another side that you don't know of, a side that we have been keeping a secret from you; it was all a plot Vin... The prophecy isn't real.. I only found this out last night. All the training you have been doing over these last few weeks was a distraction, a fraud on what is really going on. Vin, I'm sorry to say this but we have been manipulating you. You have been used as a pawn in the chess game that is power.
Mr Bliss is planning to bomb an important meeting in Australia and the fate of the world grips on the fact that I know this, he is distracting the world with the fact that the portal will open so they can set out to destroy all other forms of power.
This will hurt, and it will hurt for some time.. But please know that you can trust me, and that I will always love you Valiance Nightshade. Until the End... No matter how close or far fetched that is.
-Yours undyingly SP. x'

I stared. That was all I could do. Stare. I couldn't think and my lungs had far from become relevant. Shock. It hit me hard, like several bullets to my heart. The air fell around me and I found myself in a clump on the floor. I breathed hard, the darkness enveloping my vision; blood pounding hard in my ears.
It was all a lie. They had lied. He had lied.
I had become a toy, a game... And all this... It was all lies.
And the worst of it was, I had done it all... I had been blind to it all; and now I had helped to destroy the world.
Most importantly of all, I had lost the one thing I cared about in this world, I had lost him to the game. The game that I knew would kill him.
Even if times before he had pulled through.
And with that, the world concentrated on one, concentrated ebb of sight and I was lost into the black.

************

And it comes out.

Oh. okay.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I GOT TO 2K!!!!!!!!!!! OH.MY.FREAKING.GOLDEN.GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!
Thank u all sooooooo much!!! I can't even... Wow..
Okay, so I'm going to individually thank people.. And treat this as the end of the book because my spirits are high and I never thought I'd get this far and.. BECAUSE I CAN! (In no particular order)

-Izzy_Lee ~ WIGS, you're amazing xxx I'm not even sure if you like SP and yet you take your time to comment on chapters and vote even though you don't necessarily like the books or even care for them. You do it to make me happier and that it what makes you so wonderful, you're an amazing writer and I will always look forward to you updating xxxxx

-Al3x_K ~ Ali, you won't read this.. But I wanted to say it anyway. You have always supported me in everything, always been there and always given me a hug when I needed one. You are an EXQUISITE writer and I'm sure you'll go far my darling, keep going and never give up, I love you xxx

- SaphieSci ~ You're AMAZING!!!! The encouragement you have given me EVERY.SINGLE.CHAPTER has really, really helped me to continue and I wholesomely thank you for that!! You're a truly AMAZING writer and I look forward to ever occasion that u update!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your support you're an angel xxxx

-Summer_Of_Light ~ thank you for every little bit of support you've given me (which is a lot) I really, really thank you for that (hope u like ur new character btw ^-^ she has a sword ;D ) the chats we have really lighten me up and inspire me to write more! You're an amazing writer and you should never doubt yourself because all of it is amazing! Xxx

-Ellieose ~ darling Ellie. You're amazing, just amazing xxx (more than just but., y'know ^-^ ) the comments you leave really keep me motivated and committed to writing this down.. I love you and your books (please update soon!!) and you are truly beautiful in every way, thank you for always being there for me xxxxxx

-valkyriecainfan ~ CAINSTER! You're just AWESOME!!!! You were one of the first people I ever talked to on Wattpad and I'm glad we met! (So very glad) your books are AWESOME and I mean AWESOME! They've become so well renouned I would consider them classics in the skuttlebug world :D your a lovely person to talk to and always so supportive which really keeps me going ^-^ thank you xxxxx

-Ellen_sugarcube4 ~ Raven, what do I say? You're funny, amazing, supportive, talented and not to mention SMEXI ;D I couldn't have ever kept going without ur constant support day in day out :D you're an AWESOME writer and the chats we have are.. Well... The best thing since Vilesse's kebabs ;D hope we get to meet someday :D and thank you thank you, thank you!! Xxxxx

And of course finally, how could I miss out
My Vin - Vin. What can I possibly say? You are the reason I update every Tuesday and Friday. You make me more happier than anyone else has ever made me before and I am honestly blessed to have met you (my book, my cheese limits) I don't care if this is just a stupid online book that will never ever become anything.. But I don't think carving a tree's bark off is a bigger enough way of saying that you are my best friend and always will be xxx I love you Vin and I want you to know that whatever happens in the future I will always be your partner and you will always have me. Thank you for always being there, someone I felt I could always talk to and would regard to as my sister. And I don't care how cheesy or stupid this sounds because I'm me.. And I'm both of those things.. But I love u (in the way that is more than friendship but not in that way.. :D ) and will always be your Bliv, forever xxxxx

SO! CLEARING THAT UP!!! That was my 2K TRIBUTE!! To all those who have supported me in any shape or form towards this book, I'm sorry if I missed you out.. You all still mean a load to me xxxx
That was honestly the cheesiest moment of my life.. I feel really ill now.. :3
So! Hope that satisfied u lot.. I'm off ^-^
BYEEEE C U ON FRIDAY!!! WHERE ILL BE UPDATING FROM SPAIN!!! YAAAAAYY!!
it's sanctuary work.. Honest!!
-Bliv xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx