Rain in Roarhaven

-Val

Hard, cold rain hammered on my jacket, making a constant hammering sound on my shoulders and down my back, the water didn't penetrate through to my skin as I stood on the high, grey rooftop of the sanctuary, but my hair was drenched and dripping down my face. I would have to ask ghastly for a hood next time.
I regained my breath and surveyed the area near me, scanning the floors for signs of brisk movement. My eyes squinted through the peppering bullets of rain and onto the other nearby rooftops of Roarhaven.

Suddenly a darting black figure caught my eye, and I immediately pushed off on my dominant foot and pelted towards the edge of the roof.
I ran off the edge of the building and felt gravity sucking me down to hell, I splayed my hand and immediately felt a balanced force beneath me, pushing on the air around me.
The figure stopped as I landed on the flat roof and stared beneath their hood. I regained stance and eyed them up for a brief second.
They were around my height, wearing a long, black, cloak and matching knee length boots each fastened with a silver buckle.
The figure turned and belted towards the edge of the building and took a quick look at me running it's league, before hand springing off the side.
I ran to the edge and looked over. Only the street lay below. Only hard, grey Tarmac cushioning the fall.
I stood back from the edge and thought for a moment, before looking out onto an alleyway below and the whip of a black cloak.
I stepped back and looked down at the street. The longer I waited, the quicker they would get away.
I took a few more steps backwards and closed my eyes sighing deeply.
I ran and flicked my eye open and my body fell vertical and I plummeted towards the street like a bullet.
I flicked my wrist below my abdomen and encased my body with shadows, that swept along the jawline of the street like a wave.
I let the shadows cease and quickly flipped my body over my head, landing on the ground in a pouncing position. With my hand splayed outward and my leg bent to the front I monitored the air for directions and immediately sensed movement to my left. I pushed off from my front leg and belted down the alleyway, gun now in hand.
I turned down another alleyway, my hand still feeling the air and immediately stopped.

The figure stood at the wall, feeling the bricks for an exit, panicking. I could hear its uneven breathe from here. It stopped as I walked forward, and froze in its stance.

"Dead end I'm afraid..." I muttered, raising the revolver at their head.

The figure slowly stirred and turned to face me. As it moved it's long hood fell free from its head, revealing a girl of about my age, with long, darkened hair and blue eyes.

"Please.." The girl stifled, gripping the place where the paper was hidden, "Don't shoot..."

I stepped forward towards her, the gun not wavering, "Why shouldn't I? You're a criminal to the state..."

"I'm not!" She yelled, tears in her voice.
I cocked my head to the side, "I take it you do know what you've stolen don't you?"

She nodded and cautiously revealed the envelope from under her cloak.
"Val... Please..."

I looked into her eyes, stepping forward. "How do you know my name?! And why do you need that information? Is it of value to you?" I was around a foot from her now.

"Please... Don't shoot..." She closed her eyes and shook.

I pressed the gun to her larynx, "Again, why shouldn't I?" I clicked the holster back.

"Because you know me..." She opened her eyes and carefully raised her hand, showing the symbol on her forefinger.

"Trin."

**************************

Dia duit everyone!!! YESH, so I said I would update on Thursday as a half term treat.. And I did so yeeeeeeyyy!!
*woop*

So er, yeah!! I would like to say thanks to all the support I've received recently it's great thanks everyone!!!! U have made me very happy indeed :D
A special thanks to
@MaryBethP , @Ellieose , @valkyriecainfan ,@Izzy_Lee, @MurderRose15 and @TheSummerOfLight for being awesome SP buddies!! And great friends :D
So yeah don't forget to vote and comment!! And if u comment on mine, I'll comment on urs?
I am also updating tomorrow as well as today (because I always update on Friday)

THANK CHU ALL!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX