Mist

-Erskine

"Bliv give me the damn paper!" I wrapped my arms around her waist and pinned her to the wall at an effort to retrieve the letter. She giggled and lowered the paper below her waist. "Damn you woman!" she was a little shorter than me but we had still managed to come nose to nose. Only at this point could I really recognise quite how beautiful she had become. She smiled, blushing. God she had grown up so much, almost everything about her had changed; her size, her hair, her nose, her freckles had disappeared and the only thing that remained the same was her eyes. Her deep brown eyes. The eyes of her mother.

I fumbled behind her back and caught her unawares, snatching the letter from her hands. I flicked it up I front of her eyes. "Ha." She gave me a sarcastic smile.

Suddenly there was a sharp knock on the door, and we both watched as the knob turned abruptly and then looked back at the position we were in. My eyes widened and I had no time to move back before Madame Mist came through the door, followed by her her fellow children of the spider.
She simply looked at me from behind her darkened veil.
"Ahum.." I cleared my throat and awkwardly backed away from Bliv. She stepped back and looked at the floor, her cheeks tinted red.
They other two children (Portia and Syc I believed their names were) looked at each-other, a mix of amusement and satisfaction on their faces.

There was a pause.

"May we talk Grand Mage?" Madame Mist directed at me, her stare lingering straight at me and only on me.

I rubbed the back of my neck, "I'm a little busy at the moment..."

Portia and Syc immediately burst into a fit of giggles, a lot unlike the stereotypical 'child of the spider', they had both gone red beneath their veils and gasped for air.
"Obviously..." The darker haired one stifled amongst laughter.
Madame Mist turned and gave them a stare. They both immediately fell silent.

"I'm sorry, I've got a meeting with Miss Armageddon at present, could we meet later?"

Mist surveyed Bliv, eying her up and down like an artefact in a museum. Bliv looked quite taken aback and flicked her gaze up to me for reassurance.

"So this is Oblivion Armageddon." Mist spat, spite lingering like poison in her voice.

"It is." Bliv spoke quite clearly, no amount of criticism dampening her. She stepped forward.

They both glared hard at eachother.

I decided to break the silence, "So... You know each-other... Great! Makes things easier for me..."

"I'm surprised you'd ever show your face here again... After you practically disgraced Ireland's name.. And where's the other one is she here too?" Mist played mockingly with her voice, "it's a mistake coming back if you ask me... People don't forget Miss Armageddon... It may have seemed like a long time to you and you petty little life but to us adults it goes in the blink of an eye... What you and your little gang did put you on quite a few hit lists... And now it seems you haven't inherited the skeleton detective to protect you... So I suppose you think the Grand Mage us the next best thing..."

"That's not.." I started.

"I wonder what your parents would have thought? I do wonder if they really knew what was going on all that time? You could have died any day and they would never have known... Sad really, well actually I don't really care about a few petty mortals... Especially worthless ones... Oh yes, like your little sister... Now we all know what happened to her... Because of you Bliv... It was all because of you... All that pain the product of a few mindless decisions you made..." She laughed mockingly.

Bliv lunged forward and drew her fingers back summoning a ball of fire that enveloped her entire hand. "You DARE!" She yelled, her eyes widening.

"Bliv!" I grabbed her shoulders and stopped her from getting to Mist, this had gone too far...
"Stand down Elder Mist, I demand you to stand down..." She smiled but spoke no more.
Bliv shook beneath my grip, she was obviously overcome with memories and tears.

"Get out!" I yelled at the group. Mist bowed slightly and left followed by her fellow siblings.

I turned the shaky girl to face me, "Bliv...it's okay... Ignore her okay... Just ignore her..."

Hot tears streamed down her face and she shook her head, "she's right... It's all so true Erskine..."

I took her head and put in on my shoulder, letting her soak my blouse with salty tears.
"Shh.. Don't cry.. It's okay... You've got me now remember? You've got me, Ghastly, Tanith, Dex, Sarc... It's all okay you're safe... They can't hurt you anymore... They can't get you when you're with me..."

"I know..." She quiet murmured from my shoulder. "I know..."

**********************
Yes!! Woop I knw it's soo late isn't it? I'm sorry I was watching Pirates of the Carribean... It was just there and I had to watch it... I'm, I'm sorry...
YESH ANYWAY!
Hope u liked le chapter :D it's getting close now... Ohhhhh... Tense.... I'm really excited.... Ohhhh... *waves arms about*
YESH! Also a big shoutout to:
@MaryBethP fur being so supportive and AMAZINGLY AMAZINGLY AMAZINGLY EPIC :D she is just... VIN... That is like the best compliment :D
AND
@Ellieose FOR BEING SO WONDERFUL AND FUNNY AND AWESOME AND FOR WINNING MASTER CHEF (Or master chief as Norris would say ;D ) WELL DONE YOU DESERVE UR DISH ON THE SCHOOL MENU!! And A HAT! Hats r cool.. Especially fezzes.. Red ones..
Actually comment if u own a fez... THAT WOULD B AWESOME.
THANKS GUYS!
Oh and as a special ha' term treat as well as Friday I am also updating next Thursday (for this week only) Yaay! :D
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx