•eden hazard & hector bellerin•

Start from the beginning

"Oh get up, Bellerin, stop being such a baby," I heard Eden mutter, bent over the Catalan with his hand aggressively shaking his shoulder.

"Get away from him," I spoke, refusing to make eye contact with him as I got on my knees beside Hector, pushing Eden's hands off him. I didn't even have to look at him to see the surprise written on his face, the hole his stare I could feel burning through me was enough.

"Hector? Hey, come on, let me have a look at that," I said, urging him to turn over carefully. I pulled open the first aid box at the sight of the blood covering Hector's hands once he'd turned over and grabbed as many tissues as I could.

"My princesa in a medical kit comes to the rescue," he joked, and I couldn't help but laugh at how he managed to be his usual flirty self despite the fact that there was blood streaming from his nose.

"Ah, that's a nasty one," I admitted, making him sit up whilst cleaning the blood off wherever it had gotten before making him tilt his head back and hold a wad of tissues against his nose.

"Here, hold the top between your finger and thumb and hold it tightly," I told him, showing him how to properly pinch the bridge of his to stop the bleeding.

It was only then that I noticed the redness around the top of his brows and his cheekbones, knowing that would be a nasty bruise left behind. There was no way he could continue playing like that.

"I'm pulling you off," I told him, quickly packing up the first aid box and shoving the used, bloody tissues into a separate waste bag.

"You just want me all to yourself," Hector managed to tease again, making me roll my eyes and chuckle fondly at him, grabbing hold of his hand and helping him up.

I'd forgotten all about Eden until I was met with his steely blue gaze on me, almost making me pause. Almost bringing back memories of a time I'd done my best to forget. But I moved past him, keeping a hand on Hector's shoulder and walking back to the dugout as Olivier gave him a thumbs up before running on to the pitch to take his place.

"Alright, let's have a look," my boss said, taking over to examine what exactly was wrong with Hector.

"I hit my face, mostly the left side," Hector told him as he checked his optical responses and did the usual checks.

"We know. We saw," I admitted to him, smiling sympathetically at him as he groaned.

"Dammit. I was hopin' for them to see me score, not to fall flat on my face," he grimaced, making Dr. Gary chuckle.

"You got lucky, son, it could've been worse. Y/N, just keep an eye on the nosebleed and some ice on the redness, try and minimize the bruising as much as possible." He told me, before getting up and going back to take a seat beside Arsene.

"Bruising? Geez, don't tell me something happened to my face," Hector spoke, horrified.

I shrugged, taking out an icepack and pressing it to the left side of his face.

"You look awful, sorry, Hec. Completely ruined. It makes me sick just looking at you, can't even recognise you anymore," I teased, making him sigh dramatically.

"Ah, dammit. Had the looks to rely on and even that's gone. What am I gonna do?" he replied, his tone mocking.

I laughed and shook my head, grabbing a nasal sponge out of the kit and carefully placing it up his nose to clot the bleed that was still going before attending to the other little cuts adorning his face. He winced at the sting of the alcohol swab and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, grow up you little baby," I scolded him, smiling at the furrow of his brows and the pout on his lips.

"Oi, I'm being such a good trooper about this, I could've thrown a tantrum if I wanted to. But I didn't. I'm trying to act all macho in front of you." He replied.

"Wow, I'm honored," I replied sarcastically, making him chuckle.

"So, can I get a kiss now? Or do I have to go back on to the pitch and fall over again?" he asked with an arch of his brow.

"You're asking me to kiss you whilst you have a tampon up your nose?" I asked back.

"Babe, it's a nasal sponge, please. I thought you're the medically gifted one here, geez," Hector teased back, making me laugh and lean in towards him, giving him a quick peck on the lips before anyone could see.

His face was smug when I pulled back and before he could say anything else, every Gooner in Wembley was cheering at the top of their lungs. I looked over to see Arsene and the other men hugging and congratulating each other, smiling with them as I realized that Arsenal were once again the winners of the trophy.

-

It had been almost half an hour since the boys had been celebrating on the pitch, but knowing I had to pack up the medical equipment I excused myself from the festivities and made my way back inside through the tunnel.

"Y/N."

I froze in my tracks, the sound of his voice sending a familiar tingle up my spine that I wasn't too happy about.

Eden stood up from where he was sat, walking towards me with an accusatory look in his eyes.

"I don't- I have to go-" I tried to dodge him, trying to walk past him but he didn't give up that easily, following behind me with an annoyed sigh.

"Why on earth didn't you tell me you were in London? Where the hell have you been? And you're working with them of all clubs? Seriously?" He spat angrily at me all at once, blocking my way and stepping in front of me, stopping me.

"Get out of my way, Eden." I said firmly, refusing to make eye contact with him.

"No. Answer me."

"I have nothing to say to you."

"Really? After 4 years, you have nothing to say?"

"You're the one who left Lille, not me."

"And you're the one who stood me up. Don't play the victim here."

"What the hell did you expect me to do?" I hissed at him, narrowing my eyes. "You wanted the move to Chelsea, you wanted the fame and the career, Eden."

"And I was ready to put it on hold for you, for us...for our child," his voice turned soft, making tears prick at my eyes.

I swallowed back the lump in my throat, refusing to let it affect me.

"I wasn't even pregnant, Eden. It was just a scare and I wasn't going to let a silly mistake ruin neither your nor my future."

"That's a shit reason for walking away. I wanted you to come with me, I wanted you by my side, Y/N."

"Well, I didn't want to leave." I replied defensively, crossing my arms over my chest, beginning to feel emotionally drained.

Eden snorted.

"Right. That's why you're in London now. Did you take up the job with Arsenal just to get my attention? Because fine, now you have it. You can stop this childish nonsense with that idiotic Barcelona boy now and-"

"God, get off your high horse," I sneered at him. "The world doesn't revolve around Eden Hazard and neither do I. I came here because I was offered a chance for experience before I go back to school. This has absolutely nothing to do with you. We're through - I'm done - I'm over you." I finished, turning around to get away from him as fast as I could.

"We'll see about that," was his reply.