•marco asensio•

First imagine
Credit to Fcbarcelonababes in tumblr

First imagineCredit to Fcbarcelonababes in tumblr

_________
She wakes up to a phone call at 2 a.m. She's already been asleep for several hours, so it takes her a moment to realize that her phone is ringing, but then she sees the caller ID flashing on the screen: Marco. Her heart starts beating fast because why would he be calling her this late unless something is wrong? She grabs the phone and immediately answers the call.
"Marco?"
"Hi, baby," he says soothingly. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?"
"Yeah, but it's fine," she sits up a little bit and turns on the light by her bed. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I don't mean to worry you," he says. "I just missed you."
"You just missed me?" she says, relaxing onto the pillows. "God, I was worried something was wrong. It's 2 in the morning, Marco."
"I know, I'm sorry," he laughs. "But I haven't seen you in a long time, and I just wanted to hear your voice."
As much as she hates him for interrupting her sleep, she can't help but melt as his words. They've been dating for over six months now and every day, it seems like their relationship gets better, even though they're long-distance for now while she's at school.
"I watched your game last night," she says. "You did really well. I think Zidane will probably give you a regular starting spot soon."
"Yeah?" Marco smiles. "I hope so. I've been trying really hard in training, you know, to prove myself. I don't want to go on loan again."
"It definitely shows," she sighs. "I'm really proud of you."
Marco's heart swells. He loves making his girlfriend proud. "Thank you, baby," he smiles like an idiot even though she can't see him. "Hey, you know, I've been thinking a lot lately..."
"About what?"
"About us. Our future."
"Oh?" she sounds intrigued. "And what about us?"
"I just see us getting married one day," he confesses, even though he's slightly scared that it might be too early in their relationship to start talking about marriage. (But she's already thought about marriage, too.) "Do you think we could get married in Palma?"
"Ooh, yes, Palma is pretty," she says, remembering the time he took her to his hometown. "We could have a summer wedding, like in June, and it could be outside by the coast. At sunset. God, that would be so pretty."
"You're gonna look so good in a wedding dress," Marco says wistfully, daydreaming about their wedding ceremony. "I can't wait."
She feels her cheeks blush. She's always dreamed about her wedding, ever since she was a little girl, but talking about it now with Marco, her potential future husband, just makes it seem so much more real. They talk for a long time about their wedding, and about what they think marriage will be like. She had no idea Marco thinks about that kind of stuff, but she loves when he gets all romantic like this.
"And, uh...do you want kids?" Marco asks. "Because I was thinking four."
"Four kids?" she exclaims. "Wow, Marco –"
"I'm sorry, I just can't help it," he laughs. "Not when you look as good as you do. I can never keep my hands off of you."
"Well, four kids sound good," she says. "Boys or girls?"
"Three boys, one princess," he says matter-of-factly. "And we could name one of the boys after me. Marco Jr."
"We are not naming one of our sons after you."
"But babe –"
"No."
"Marco is a great name!" he protests.
"I'm sorry, but no," she laughs.
"Fine, but can we at least name our daughter Maria?" he asks seriously. "After my mom?"
"Mm yes," she says immediately. "I'd like that."
They fall into a comfortable silence after that. She checks the clock and sees that it's almost 3 a.m. now, which means they've been talking for an hour and she really should probably go back to sleep. She's got classes early in the morning. But she just loves the comfort of talking to him, even if he's miles away and it's the middle of the night, so she doesn't want to hang up just yet.
"What are you thinking about?" she finally asks.
"I'm thinking about how much my mom would have really loved you, y/n," Marco says quietly. "I wish she could have met you."
For the first few months of their relationship, he didn't mention his mom that much, but then one night he explained everything to her and since then he's talked about her a lot more. My mom loved this, my mom loved that...But this is the first time he's said anything like this – and it makes her want to cry. She knows how much his mom means to him.
"Oh, Marco," she says. "That means a lot to me."
"I really mean it, though," he says. "You would have gotten along great with her."

"Thank you," she says softly.
"Anyways," Marco sighs. "I should probably let you get back to sleep. I'm sorry for waking you up."
"I don't mind," she says truthfully. "I love talking to you."
"I love you, baby," he says. "Hey, you're still planning on coming up here next weekend, right?"
"Of course."
"Good. I miss you. I've been counting down the days until I get to see you again."
"I miss you, too."
"I'll see you in seven days," he sighs. "I love you. Good night, sweetheart