Twenty Nine (Clark)

Mulai dari awal

It made talking to him much more difficult.

I should've expected something like that from him. Nelson hasn't changed a bit, he still doesn't have a bit of sensitivity in him.

He might be trying to invoke some nostalgia, by bringing me there, but the only thing that came to my mind was the trauma of it all.

"Have a seat? Have you eaten breakfast yet? What would you like to eat?" Nelson bombarded me with questions the moment I arrived.

"Of all places, why here?" I asked him.

"You like this place."

"I used to like this place." I told him honestly. "Now, it only brings back bad memories." I added and sighed.

"Can't you like this place again?"

I am so over this place. I am so over you, you idiot.

"Nelson, I didn't ask you to meet me for this." I told him. "Let's forget what happened in the past."

"Sure, let's do that. Let's start again..."

"I don't mean that." I interrupted him. "Let's forget everything; that we were even friends, and that we used to date. Let's forget everything. No matter how hard I try, I can't even be your friend anymore. When I needed you the most, you left me behind. I lost most of what I thought were my friends - after they learn about us -, but what did you do? You made it look like that I forced you to save face. Then you abandoned me."

"Clark, I'm sorry. I'm very immature then. I thought that I can pretend what I'm not. I only thought about myself. I tried so hard to hold on to the life my friends and family thought I had, but I ended up hurting you. I was wrong to think that I'm going to be fine without you. I miss you."

"It's too late for that apology now. I'm already fine without you. I don't want that bad memory to hold me back anymore, I want to move forward, I want to forget everything, and I want to forget you. I can't do that if you keep appearing before me, so please, don't go near me anymore. I only came here to say that."

"Is it because of that guy?" Nelson asked.

That guy? Just so you know, 'that guy' is way better, in many ways, than you'll ever be. "Yeah. I want to move forward with Axel, so don't hold me back by making me remember the darkest time of my life." I told him honestly.

"What about me? You want to move forward with him, so you're leaving me behind?" It irritated the hell out of me. He had no right to asked me that, after he abandoned me.

"You're the one who left me behind first, Nelson. Don't forget that." I told him as I stood up. "This is the last time I'm going to talk to you. Let's not meet anymore."

"Aren't you curious who spread the rumors about us back then? Don't you want to know who caused us to break up and why they did that?" Nelson suddenly said.

"We broke up because you were a coward, don't try blaming anyone else." I would be lying if I say that I wasn't curious who caused all that mess before.

More than being curious, I was afraid to know the truth. At the back of my mind I had a suspicion, and I didn't want it to be true.

Talking to Nelson was a bad idea. I don't know what I was expecting of him, but I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't listen to what I wanted. It doesn't matter. Telling all of that straight in his face lifted a heavy weight on me.

Instead of going back home, I walked past our door and went to Axel's. "Clark, you're back early." He said as he opened the door while still holding the controller of his game console.