Chapter 5

ARIA POV

As soon as the bell rang, I stood up and walked out of class. I could feel the eyes of the twins boring into the back of my skull. I didn’t understand. They just got to the school and were already threatening me.

Well you were a bit of an idiot.

I sighed, why did I take my marks so seriously?

“What the hell was that about?” Stiles said standing next to me.

“What do mean?” I said asking innocently.

“You know what I mean,” he said.

“Let’s get out of here,” Scott said worriedly.

“Scott, we’re only halfway through school,” I said confused.

“Yeah well, away from,” he paused, “You know who,” he said.

“Voldermort?” I joked. “They can’t really do anything to us,” I said but honestly I had this feeling I was wrong. I didn’t let it show though and the three of us headed towards our lockers.

“But seriously what was your speech about?” Scott asked me.

“My dad used to tell me stories as a kid,” I said simply while swapping my books.

“You didn’t sound relaxed you know,” Stiles said.

“Why are you so concerned anyway?” I asked.

“How about because you are my friend?” Stiles asked  and I could see Scott agreeing with him but I gave him a look.

“Ok fine, the dead body in the woods,” Stiles said seriously. I looked at him and Scott looked at him like they were on completely different pages.

“What?” Scott said looking at him.

“Well it’s kind of an unsolved case at the moment and something supernatural would actually make sense,” Stiles said not believing what he was saying.

“What? You think there are werewolves and vampires?” I asked him with a laugh.

“What about werewolves?” Derek’s voice said out of nowhere making us jump.

“Dude, jeez!” Stiles said, “You don’t go scaring people like that!” but slowly shrank as Derek glared at him.

“Well?” Derek said looking at me as if I owed him an answer.

“Nothing,” I said.

“You mentioned them now,” he said. What was his problem?

“Were you eavesdropping?” Scott asked confused and finding Derek a bit rude.

“What do you know about them?” Derek said pressingly.

“You know we don’t like you just coming and butting into our conversations,” Stiles said but I knew Derek was not going to leave until he got his answer.

“All I know is that they are a cross of a dog and human and honestly, not that good looking,” I said lying to him. He gave us a smirk as if he knew something we didn’t.

“See you around,” he said walking away.

“What the hell is up with that guy?!” Stiles asked.

“I don’t know,” Scott replied just as confused.

Yeah what was up with him?