Chapter One

Chapter One of the third book, Hellfire, is now out, so here is a sneak peak. Go check out the book!

Percy's POV

Okay, so get this! Annabeth and I get to wear these super cool SHIELD uniforms! How awesome is that! Now we all look super cool.

Breakfast was surprisingly upbeat, considering the situation. I called my mom last night to tell her I was okay and that everything was fine. I didn't tell her about the whole immortal thing, or the quest. I just said that I would be home to visit soon.

Also on that immortal thing, I don't think I'm the god of anything yet. I'm kind of like Jaeden, just an immortal being that's powerful.

I guess people were also kind of excited that I was alive, considering that I technically died(not fun by the way).

Also, after I used the fleece, we passed it around and Hazel's eye is back to normal and so is Leo's leg. Everyone else who had some kind of injury was healed and everything was going splendidly.

The remaining Avengers who were not accompanying us on the quest are heading back to the Avengers tower after we leave. Tony begrudgingly gave them the keys as long as they promised not to make too big of a mess.

So anyway, we said our goodbyes to everyone and headed to Zeus's fist. Upon reaching the entrance to the Labyrinth, I held up my hand, telling our group to stop for a minute. I needed a breath. This place brought back bad memories.

I could almost see the army crawling out of those boulders, Lee Fletcher falling at the hands of that Cyclops. Pollux lighting his brother Castor's shroud.

"You okay?" Tony asked, laying a hand on my shoulder. I nodded. "We are just not usually allowed to come here because of what happened," Annabeth explained.

"What happened?" Wanda asked curiously. "The Battle of the Labyrinth," I stated simply and darkly. Wanda shivered. I noticed that the clouds were starting to blot out the sun. Not a good omen.

"We should get going," Steve suggested, also eyeing the impending storm. So I led the way. We had to rummage some boulders out of the way to make a hole big enough to fit through because we did collapse it when Kampe got crushed with rocks.

I knew we had found the entrance when I saw the little triangle. I touched it and the Delta glowed blue. The remaining rocks moved themselves and a red glow came from inside. I looked over my shoulder at my companions before forging ahead.

I looked around in awe. A lot has changed since I've been in here last. And not necessarily it's looks, but it just feels a lot more sinister. Like it means to kill us. Which was expected, but hey.

I was startled out of my thoughts when Annabeth grabbed my hand. "It reminds me..." she trailed off. "Shh," I whispered and kissed the top of her head. It too reminded me of that place.

Steve put his shield on his back and pointed ahead, in the direction we were expected to travel. He was wearing a suit that was a navy color instead of his usual spangles to blend in better and so we could have the element of surprise maybe in a fight. 'Cause come on, when Steve's getting all 'God's righteous man', you can see him coming from a mile away.

Tony was the only one that would have semi-bright colors(but I guess his red and gold would go great with the hellish colors in the maze) but he is keeping the suit on his back like a backpack type thing.

Wanda wore her usual magenta coat thing. She would use her telekineses to move obstacles out of the way, or to shield us from random flying objects or fire. We got a routine going here!