Chapter Two~Tartarus's Sword

Annabeth's POV

After Tony and Steve left, I went back to sit with Percy. It's been three days and he hasn't woken up yet. And he's constantly in pain, I can tell.

Just the way his face scrunches up in agony. I sit on his bedside. I lay my hand on his forehead and play with his hair. He seems to lean into my touch.

Yesterday night, Will and I discovered the secrets of the sword. They are very disturbing indeed. We haven't told anyone yet, but I decided we need to have a meeting before everyone leaves, even though Magnus and his friends already headed for Valhalla.

Miranda also came to me and told me she had some useful information that she heard from the Grove of Dodona during Capture the Flag.

She had been with Percy and Sherman at the time. I feel really bad for the poor girl. Her and Sherman were together and he didn't make it.

After sitting there for awhile, I decided I should probably get going. I kissed Percy on the forehead and left him in the care of some Apollo kids.

I walked out of the infirmary and to the Big House. When I got to the door, I took a deep breath and pushed it open.

All commotion stopped. Everything was quiet and everyone's full attention was on me. "Well, lets get started, shall we?" I asked. Some people nodded, others looked down, but no one said a thing.

I looked around the room, searching for reassurance. Jason nodded at me and Piper gave me a smile. "O-okay, we learned some disturbing details about Tartarus's sword."

I paused, not quite sure how to go on. "Well?" Tony asked, and Natasha elbow him. "Did anyone notice the five different metals on the sword?" I asked, gaining confidence.

"Yeah, I thought that was strange," Reyna frowned.

"Well, that sword was forged...with the five rivers of the Underworld." I let that sink in. Nico was the first to recover. "You're serious?" He asked. He looked at Will, but he wouldn't meet his eyes.

"You're joking. This has to be a joke. No way could he..." Nico trailed off. "Could he what?" Frank questioned. "Survive," Nico finished.

My breathing was shaky and balled my fists to try to stop them from shaking as well. "Miranda had some things to say," Miranda stood. "I was in the woods with Percy and-and Sherman on the night of Capture the Flag. We ended up in the Grove of Dodona somehow, which is strange since the only known entrance is through the Myrmekes lair and of course we didn't go there," she paused for breath.

"They started out by saying, 'You're special Percy, you always seem to be the one in trouble, yada yada yada, and he tried to ignore them. They said some...some harsh things. They said he would soon be in more pain than he's ever felt before. So I guess that's now," she looked at me as if for permission. I nodded, this was all news to me.

"They said to summon Apollo when the time came, and that he could help. They also said that, 'ambrosia and nectar will be of no help to you now', whatever that means."

I rubbed my chin, pondering the news. "Oh!" She said, remembering, "they also said, 'beware his silver tongue,' that, 'it isn't the words that cause the problem but the decision to believe them,' or something like that."

"Whose silver tongue? Did this happen already?" I asked, puzzled.

Jason clapped his hands together, "What about when Percy whirled around. He would've never let his guard down like that unless he was really worried. Unless his family was threatened."

A voice from the back spoke up. "I know what he said," Wanda said in her strange accent.

"What?" Hazel asked, her head snapping up in surprise. "He said four simple words, 'they're scared of you."