Chapter Seven~Foreshadowing *woOoo*

Percy's POV

It's dark. I know it makes me sound like a baby, but I've developed a fear of the dark. Add that to the list.

It's also hazy. And red. Gods, I hate the color red. I've seen it way to much for my liking. I see shadows too, people talking. I can't see them, but their voices carry well enough.

"—send you there," someone with a dry, menacing voice said. "Yes, my Lord," a young voice answered. He received a deep chuckle from the former speaker.

From what I could gather, the first speaker is probably some bad guy that wants to kill me. It's usually safe to make that assumption, though it's getting worn out.

The second speaker sounds like a teenager. Male and pubescent. I didn't know you could have that many voice cracks saying three words. Okay, so I'm exaggerating. Sitting in a bed all week is driving me crazy.

I decided I should probably listen to what the two were saying.

"—tormented him in many ways. But I've still got one card. And in my opinion, it's the worst form of torture there is." This line caught my attention. I had a sneaking suspicion I knew who it was.

"And what's that?" The teenager asked. The first speaker turned to look straight at me, his crimson eyes shining like a beacon. "Hope," Tartarus said, "false hope."

He's looking straight at me and I know he sees me. I know he knows I'm there. My breath hitches. Tartarus takes a step towards me and I groan and bolt the other way.

I find myself in my mother's kitchen. The smell of blue cookies fills the air and I sigh in relief. Many different peaceful dreams fill my sleep. I guess this isn't so bad.

It goes on like this until I start to feel a burning pain. It's-it's I can't...I can't—. I'm jolted awake.

$&@$&@$&@$&@

Jason's POV

Frank, Annabeth, and I were preparing to share Percy's pain. Apollo had already told us what to do and gave us the power to do so. The reason we were doing it and not the others is because of our own pain.

Apollo said that if we are already struggling with something, we won't be able to handle Percy's pain. Leo is out because he broke his leg and Hazel is out because of her eye. She had just started wearing an eye patch yesterday. She kind of looks like a pirate. In a good way of course.

Piper was a candidate, but Frank volunteered. I was going to because it was my idea. Annabeth because it's Percy laying on that bed.

Now came the decision of who got what river. "Jason? Hows your anger management?" Annabeth asked. "Oh...um, good I guess," I answered, slightly confused. She nodded in satisfaction. "Good. I think we'll give you the Styx. River of Hate."

I nodded and she turned to Frank. "Are you good with Misery?" Frank looked her in the eye and nodded slowly. "What about you?" He asked. Annabeth sighed. "I'll take Pain."

Everyone immediately started to protest. She held up her hand. "I may not be the best with the other rivers. Pain is one thing I can take. Especially for Percy." I decided I better except it.

"All right, lets do this while he's still asleep. If he knew what we were doing..."

I didn't need to finish. Everyone knew Percy would never let us bear his pain. We had to do this while he couldn't protest. Annabeth took her spot behind Percy's head and laid her hands on either side of his skull.

I sat on the right of Percy's bed and Frank on the left. I know, it sounds super cheesy, like something out of Teen Wolf or something, but it's what Apollo told us to do. Frank and I each grabbed a hand and concentrated on extracting the rivers.